Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Best ROKU device to hook to computer monitor

I'd like to hook the ROKU device to my computer monitor. The monitor is w/o speakers so which devices have a speaker output

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Best ROKU device to hook to computer monitor

No Roku device has speaker level outputs. The Express+ has analog audio outputs, but you would have to use an amplifier to power the speakers. 

The other issue is the video connection. Not a lot of computer monitors have HDMI inputs, which is the only HD output that any Roku now offers. The Express+ has an analog video output, but that is not HD. 

My suggestion would be to get an inexpensive HDTV with an HDMI input. That way you could use any Roku player, get HD video and the TV would play the audio with its built-in speakers. BestBuy has an Insignia 22" 1080 TV for $70. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos