Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrightonB
Binge Watcher

Beach Palms Theme uses white letters on white background

Roku M/N:  Ultra 4670X

Roku Firmware:  9.3.0 - build 4143-46

TV M/N:  LG 47LK520-UA

I’m using the Beach Palms Theme as my wallpaper.  In Settings > System > System info the information at the “Serial number” line and below is not readable because the theme is using white lettering on white sand.  The same thing occurs under Settings > Network > About.

My workaround it to temporarily change my wallpaper so I can read the information.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
ericdell50

Re: Beach Palms Theme uses white letters on white background

I have the same problem but with only one of my 5 roku units. The Streaming Stick + on a 4K tv has the white text on the sand color background making it next to impossible to read but my other tvs with either a built in roku or the regular streaming stick and express units the letters are blue and seen perfectly against the background. All of the units are running the latest 9.3.0 software and I manually checked for updates. 

What is also odd is the unit that has white letters also shows this as a wallpaper and not a theme in fact searching for themes is limited to theme packages now where as all the other units still have a theme option and the ability to browse. 

Larry7
Reel Rookie

Re: White letters on white background

ROKU GRAPHICS NIGHTMARE. What kind of designer automatically puts white letters on light-colored backgrounds? I'm so disgusted by Roku. They automatically changed the film description screens so that they are covered with a scene from the film with light or white as a background, so you cannot read any of the descriptions anymore. Makes the product useless.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: White letters on white background

@Larry7 wrote:

They automatically changed the film description screens so that they are covered with a scene from the film with light or white as a background, so you cannot read any of the descriptions anymore.

"They" would only be Roku within The Roku Channel.  If you're seeing this in something like Netflix or Amazon or Hulu, etc. you should contact the developer/provider of that channel/app.

If it is within The Roku Channel, there is a place to make feature suggestions.  I don't know if they go anywhere, but you can try.

Suggest a Feature | Roku Community | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos