Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwidth Selector

We are trying to use our Roku on an iPhone hotspot.   The issue I have is that there is a 15 gig cap on our service.   There needs to be an option on Roku to limit the bandwidth so we don't hit the cap in a matter of a few days.    I did find the unsupported option of 5 home/3 rewinds/2 forwards but it always goes back to Automatic.     Since we are using the iPhone there is no router to configure.   Roku needs to address this situation.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Bandwidth Selector

I suggest you go to whatever services you use and configure them there.  Most modern streaming services never paid any attention to the secret bandwidth limiter anyway.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bandwidth Selector

You can reduce bandwidth usage somewhat by limiting the pixel resolution the Roku sends to your TV.  System/Display type -- set this to 720p (or lower, if available on your Roku model) instead of the default Auto setting.

Edited to add:

Be sure you get in the habit of returning your Roku to its home screen when done viewing to prevent it from continuing to stream and eating up unwatched bandwidth.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos