Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Backwards/Upside Down Channel Menu Order

How to get a setting for "Reverse Channel Menu Order"? Remote works normally: UP to higher channel and DOWN to lower. But channel menu is backwards: UP to lower channel, DOWN to higher. An overall correction for all firmware would be great but short of that, how about this simple toggle for those of us who prefer consistency?

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Backwards/Upside Down Channel Menu Order

I am experiencing the same problem too. TCL customer Service told me that if I can’t find my receipt or get it reprinted the. They can’t verify that it’s outside the 1 year warranty so I’m just out of luck. So frustrating! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Backwards/Upside Down Channel Menu Order

Since this craziness is by design, I'm not sure they would take it back under warranty (since it's not a defect). They actually WANT the control to flip direction!

As of this writing, the problem remains uncorrected and it may never be fixed. On my next TV purchase, I'll be sure to pay more attention to how the controls work. If anyone from TCL is reading, please know I won't be buying your brand as long as this bug remains.

0 Kudos