Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Auto shutoff

Why does Roku try to shut my tv off every 4 hours? This can be very annoying at times. I noticed the same thing on cable. If you don’t change the channel for 4 hours, your tv decides that you have abandoned it, even if you’re in the middle of watching something that you don’t want to be interrupted. Can this “feature” be turned off?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Auto shutoff

@Trshev 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What you are seeing is the Bandwidth Saver. This feature can be turned off by going to Settings > Network > Bandwidth Saver > Off.

For more information about the Bandwidth Saver, visit our Support page here: How do I use Bandwidth Saver to avoid going over my internet data cap?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Lame. This should be off by default. This just happened to me:

Roku: "It's been a while since you've used your remote. I'm going to shut down if you don't click your remote in 5 seconds."
Me: "Yeah, because I've been watching an EPIC 4+ hour tennis match."
I unsuccessfully scramble to grab the ROKU remote and press a button as it turns itself off in the middle of the final point and I miss the end of the match.
Back to AppleTV for me? Grrrrrrrr.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I turned off my bandwidth saver and still have the same isdue.

0 Kudos