Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boz
Roku Guru

Auto power savings: 20 minutes is too short!

"Auto power savings"

20 minutes is too short for our usage. Why can't there be options? Something like a choice between 20, 40, or 60 minutes?

Roku Express 4K+ 3941R (2021)

Version 10.5.0, Build 4201

13 REPLIES 13
Boz
Roku Guru

Re: Auto power savings: 20 minutes is too short!

No response so far.  Is there an official way to submit this to Roku for consideration?  The concept is good, but there needs to be user-selectable times.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Boz

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the newest Roku OS 10.5 has added a new Power item in Settings > System menu for some Roku models. If you have this Power item, under Auto power savings see if deactivating After 20 minutes of no interaction fixes the problem.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Boz
Roku Guru

"see if deactivating After 20 minutes of no interaction fixes the problem."

How in the world could this POSSIBLY "fix" anything that I talked about in my post?

No, "deactivating After 20 minutes of no interaction" does NOT add other time length options.

Please explain how you thought it might!

Brian-17
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R , I agree with @Boz, 20 minutes is way too short. Please submit a feature enhancement to increase the time length of the Auto power savings. It would be good to allow the user to select from several auto power savings values (i.e. 20 minutes, 45 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, or 4 hours) or else allow the user to simply enter an auto power time length in hours and minutes. This is be the ultimate in flexibility. I think many user would appreciate this feature enhancement. Thank you!

Boz
Roku Guru

@RokuDanny-R , are you going to help, as suggested by @Brian-17 , or not?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
thechocoholic
Reel Rookie

I like the idea of the fairly new Auto Power Off setting, but I do not like the only option is to be turned off or to be turned on for the length of 20 minutes. There should be options longer than 20 minutes, such as 1 hour, that the user can choose from. If I get up to cook something or do some laundry, 20 minutes is just long enough that it shuts everything down and I have to turn it on and make my way back to where I was in my app/program. We need more reasonable time options. (I currently have the option off because it is too much of a hassle.)

Boz
Roku Guru

Is this being worked on?

A moderator replied with a completely confusing response, seemingly posted without fully reading or comprehending the OP, and on top of that seems to have disappeared, even after other users have posted in support of my original suggestion / request.

Can somebody please provide an update?  Thanks!

Brian-17
Channel Surfer

This problem really should be fixed. @RokuDanny-R , please respond to @Boz and give us the status on this request to fix this.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

You have either the option to allow the power saver after 20 minutes or you can disable this feature in Settings as I've posted previously. There are no options to change the time for this feature.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos