Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

Auto detect setting is over riding my forced 4K HDR 60HZ setting

I have a new Ultra box that has the recent software update on it and now my Roku box keeps changing my 4K HDR 60HZ setting back to Auto Detect.  My TV is all of the above and it check boxes all three when I run the display option for that setting.  The problem causes 4K UHD content to be downgraded to 1080p content which tells me the Auto Detect Setting is doing nothing.  I've confirmed this by launching Amazon Hanna in 4K UHD on auto detect and my TV displays 1080P at the top of the screen.  When I change the Display setting to 4K HDR @60hz and go back to Hanna my TV display 2160P HDR10 at the top and the picture as you can imagine is hurdles better than what auto detect wants to use.

Why might I ask is the Roku Ultra over riding my selection after a couple hours of use?   That forces me to change the display setting every time I turn the TV on which is very annoying.  I paid for and HDR Quantam Dot TV so I can enjoy the image quality and now this new update is making that hard to enjoy.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Auto detect setting is over riding my forced 4K HDR 60HZ setting

My older Ultra does the same thing. Only forcing the display to 4K/60/HDR gives actual 4K out. But the Roku keeps changing itself back to auto overnight, and I'm back on 1080.

There was a new firmware version released I think just today: 9.2 build 4750. According to reports on AVS Forums, that might have resolved it. I haven't checked my Ultra for that build yet, but you might force an update check and see. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 8

4750 seems to have caused it for me. My AVR also doesn't recognize there's a signal and won't push video to my TV anymore. I have to cycle inputs on my AVR several times before any Roku video comes through (all other sources work flawlessly).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

As of yesterday, the latest update might have resolved it. I haven't checked it today, but yesterday it same message about switching the display setting back to auto appeared, but when I checked the Roku was still outputting 4K. If it's back to 1080 today, I'll post an update. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.