Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mimi339
Level 7

Audio settings

I have a hearing impaired listening device (Simolio SM-823D) connected to my system with Toslink.  When I try to use the device with my Roku Ultra I do not get any audio.  My Roku is connected to my TV via HDMI, my A/V receiver is connected to my Tivo box via HDMI(ARC). Thanks for any help!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
dgrace
Level 10

Re: Audio settings

I think where I'd start is looking at your avr to see if there is a setting to turn on/off the passing of optical via hdmi. As I understand your post, content from your roku (hdmi) is not being sent from your avr toslink output. 
You get audio from your roku otherwise I take it, to connected speakers?
"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Audio settings

It's also possible that the TV doesn't send audio out the optical port when ARC is in use. You TV's manual might have more information. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos