Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio but black screen when screen mirroring iphone to roku premiere

I have a roku premiere running the 9.4.0 software, and I have an iphone 11 running the latest apple iOS. When I try to use the screen mirror function, it is really f***ing up. If I am able to get the screen to display on my TV at all, it quickly goes to a blank black screen, or it takes me to the airplay setting screen. But my TV will continue to play whatever audio is currently playing on my iphone. 

I have them both on the same wireless network, I've selected "always allow" on the roku settings, I have homekit on my iphone set up and registered to my roku, and i've already done a full reset by this point to see if that fixed the problem. Nothing i am doing works.  

I've been through al of the topics posted on here but haven't found any instructions on what to do. 

5 REPLIES 5
fsol

Re: Audio but black screen when screen mirroring iphone to roku premiere

I have the exact same issue.

It was working up until now that the software got upgraded. Now it does not do screen mirroring, but it does show YouTube Videos.

Roku version: 9.4.0 Build 4210
Airplay Version: 3.0.2.9

0 Kudos
fsol

An update to my situation: Restarting iPhone, and Roku did not help at all; however, after restarting the wifi router, screen mirroring started working again. Weird.  

0 Kudos
HowieDoohan
Reel Rookie

Airplay Black Screen on Ultra LT

I have the Ultra LT (From Walmart) and about 70% of the time it goes to black screen when trying to Airplay. Unplug and plug power is the only way to fix it. I worked with support for a while. They have no idea how to fix it. I've tried wired and wireless. New HDMI cable. Doing all the software stuff support suggested. Nothing. I'm tired of "f"ing with this thing since Nov last year.

Here is my question. Does anyone here know of a model that works 100% with Airplay? Verified by you, the user. And you have used it for a while.

0 Kudos
Archangel77
Channel Surfer

@audacity_demure wrote:

I have a roku premiere running the 9.4.0 software, and I have an iphone 11 running the latest apple iOS. When I try to use the screen mirror function, it is really f***ing up. If I am able to get the screen to display on my TV at all, it quickly goes to a blank black screen, or it takes me to the airplay setting screen. But my TV will continue to play whatever audio is currently playing on my iphone. 

I have them both on the same wireless network, I've selected "always allow" on the roku settings, I have homekit on my iphone set up and registered to my roku, and i've already done a full reset by this point to see if that fixed the problem. Nothing i am doing works.  

I've been through al of the topics posted on here but haven't found any instructions on what to do. 

0 Kudos
Archangel77
Channel Surfer

Try turning off your VPN off on your phone then try screen mirror

that solved my issue

hope it works for you 

it’s usually something ridiculously simple like this

@Archangel77 wrote:

@audacity_demure wrote:

0 Kudos