Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrVosknocker
Level 7

Aspect Ratio, please add option.

My question should be a simple one. But it overlooked because of newer tvs. Would you, roku engineers, please add an aspect ratio back to the menu options for the newer roku players. I have an old 4:3 tv hooked up to a roku with an hdmi to s-video converter inbetween. Other than the squished image the picture is pretty good which is why I still use the TV. I was using a roku 1 which had the option for 4:3 or 16:9, but it quit working and for some reason the option was removed from newer devices. I understand it isn't an issue to hardly anyone anymore, but doesn't seem like it would be difficult or do harm to have it as an option.

Thank you for your time.

1 REPLY 1\
bbgun
Level 7

Re: Aspect Ratio, please add option.

Seems like a lot of people are having this problem, and I was shocked to find that a brand new tv doesn’t have this very simple feature. Developers, please provide an update so that we can watch 4:3 programs from external devices!! Currently, I feel like the tv I just purchased is just a huge, expensive piece of trash