Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattjg
Level 7

Apps closing when I switch input

I’ll often switch between sporting events on my Roku and on cable. Over the last few weeks I’ve noticed that when I switch to cable the Roku app closes and I have to re-open it to start watching on Roku again. This applies to at least ESPN, MLB and NBCSN. How do I prevent this from happening?

5 REPLIES 5\
QuestionsaboutR
Level 8

Re: Apps closing when I switch input

Same here. Would love to know a fix. Thanks

0 Kudos
soku
Level 7

Same here, too. Only thing I've changed is from a Roku stick to Roku Premier. Same TV and TV remote. Guess I'll ask Roku and if I get an answer will post.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@soku

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing and the exact steps to reproduce the issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
soku
Level 7

Thanks for reaching out Danny.

I recently switched out my Roku stick for a Roku Premier. It is plugged into the same HDMI port, on the same TV with the same TV remote. Ever since I switched from stick to Premier, whatever I'm streaming closes and goes to the Home page when I switch between HDMI and TV source. I never had any problem like that before and the only thing that has changed is the kind of Roku device.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Thanks for the reply, @soku

Can you please provide us the following information:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos