Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
farukhcasy2
Level 7

Any new devices coming from Roku?

I have a non smart tv that has a roku 2 hooked up to it. However the roku 2 needs to be replaced. The tv is not 4K capable. I just want something that will stream in hd and that isn’t too expensive. I’ll be using amazon prime, Netflix, espn and other sports, pbs, acorn tv, etc on it. I mostly stream everything. Which roku would you guys recommend?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
Gary-94080
Level 12

Re: Any new devices coming from Roku?

take a glance through the topic in this section.

Roku seems to be having trouble right now with updates so it might not be a good time to get a new unit.

0 Kudos
lesmikesell
Level 13

Here are the products to compare: https://www.roku.com/products/compare

You probably want one with the best wifi your router offers (ac if possible) or ethernet if you can get a wire there.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Roku never announces new devices until they're ready to ship, and that's usually later in the year. Of course, this is anything but a normal year.

The Express is the only non-4K Roku player. However, I'd suggest getting at least the Premiere. For one, it's more powerful, and if you do get a 4K TV you have a 4K player. It also have more system memory, which could account for it being more powerful. If you'd prefer a wired connection, the Ultra is your only choice. And since Roku has them on sale right now, it's a pretty good deal. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos