Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenzie-wheeler
Level 7

Antenna/Live TV with Roku Express+?

Ok, so...

I guess I'm confused.

I purchased this Roku Express+ thinking I could stream my antenna channels through it...

Can I? 

If so...
how?? 

Haha, I'm completely lost.

Thanks in advance. xo

0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Antenna/Live TV with Roku Express+?

@kenzie-wheeler wrote:

Ok, so...

I guess I'm confused.

I purchased this Roku Express+ thinking I could stream my antenna channels through it...

Can I? 

If so...
how?? 

Haha, I'm completely lost.

Thanks in advance. xo

No Roku player contains an OTA tuner, so no way to watch broadcast TV. There are devices (HDHomeRun) that can connect to your network and an antenna, and make the OTA stations available on devices like a Roku, but those can get a little pricey. 

And no other streaming player (Fire TV, Apple TV, Nvidia Shield) can do it either. They all would require something like the HDHR. None have built in TV tuners. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ClaytonSchuyler
Level 7

Re: Antenna/Live TV with Roku Express+?

Yes you can use your OTA (Over the Air Antenna) in conjunction with your Roku device. You'll need wireless connection (which you do since your using the Express), and a DVR device (best is Tablo). Antenna connects to Tablo device. Tablo connects wireless to your router (or with cable). Download Tablo channel on your Roku device, and your all set.

0 Kudos