Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cinlyn
Level 7

Annoying Sound pop-ip at bottom of screen

I am getting an annoying pop-up at the bottom of my screen pertaining to sound. It contains various sound options - doesn’t let me select anything. Disappears and then reappears in about 10 seconds. I cannot get rid of it. Makes watching anything hard. This just started happening. I’ve had my Express for about two years - this is new. 

My sound is set to HDMI auto-detect. I’ve turned off all options in the new RokuMedia Player AND restarted the device. It’s still there.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Annoying Sound pop-ip at bottom of screen

Are you sure it's not coming from your TV?  Try using the TV remote the next time it happens.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Cinlyn
Level 7

Re: Annoying Sound pop-ip at bottom of screen

Thank you. Took forever to find it. Somehow the TV reset back to “Store Demi” which caused the pop-up. Not wuite sure how that happened. I’ve gad the TV for over three years (Originally hooked up to Xfinity). Switched to Roku two years ago and never had this happen. Tv has been off for about six weeks.  Turned it back on yesterday and started having the issue. Who knows - technology drives me crazy sonetimes!

0 Kudos