Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hakantaspinar
Reel Rookie

Re: Amazon prime does not appear

Jump to solution

Yes, unfortunately same here.

hakantaspinar
Reel Rookie

Re: No Amazon prime app/channel

Jump to solution

Hello,

Amazon prime is now on the market in Turkey, could you please help us to access it?

btekcan
Reel Rookie

Amazon Prime Turkey

Jump to solution

Amazon Prime available in Turkey but I cannot find Channel on my Roku Ultra. How can I see Amazon Prime Turkey on my Roku Player ? I know this is region problem but you must be enable Amazon Prime our region

Regards

Dreki

Prime Video Channel Not Available in Iceland

Jump to solution

Basically what the title says, I am unable to add Prime Video, neither through the Roku device or through the Rokuchannel webpage. Disney+ is also not available.

Both of these streaming services are available in Iceland, so any chance to get this fixed?

I have a Roku Streaming Stick+

0 Kudos
btekcan
Reel Rookie

Re: Amazon Prime Turkey

Jump to solution

Please see here

https://www.primevideo.com/ref=atv_nb_logo?_encoding=UTF8&language=tr_TR

Please add Amazon Video channel for Turkey region.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Why is Amazon Video not available on Roku in Belgium?

Jump to solution

@BG8 @mmt123 @magut 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As @makaiguy mentioned, channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
odyseus

Re: Amazon Prime Turkey

Jump to solution

The problem is still not resolved. Please add Turkey within the operating regions as Amazon Prime will be available from now on. Will be great if we can watch it on Roku.

Ramazan

Prime video kullanamıyorum

Jump to solution

hello i'm ramadan, Roku I'm using in Turkey but I cannot install the Amazon Prime Video app. Could you help?

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Prime video kullanamıyorum

Jump to solution

There are two steps to a channel becoming available on Roku in each geographical area.

1. The channel owners must authorize the distribution of their content in that area.  In many cases, the channel must license the ability to distribute the programming into that area from the actual owners of the content.
  2. The channel owners must create a version of their channel that runs on the Roku operating system and provide it to Roku for distribution.  Each major streaming service (Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Apple TV, etc.) will require its own specialized version of the channel app.

From the number of posts we are seeing from Turkey in this forum with this same question, it seems likely that Amazon has not yet provided Roku with a Prime Video app that will run in Turkey.  I would suggest you contact Amazon Prime about this.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
mmt123
Reel Rookie

Re: Why is Amazon Video not available on Roku in Belgium?

Jump to solution

I have contacted Amazon Support and they confirmed they have not specifically restricted Prime app on Roku in New Zealand region.  I am able to download Prime app in my iphone and Android tablet.  If Amazon had Geo-restriction for New Zealand, it would not be available in iphone App store or google play store.  I can access Prime in browser as well.  This clearly the problem is on Roku side.  Here is the Amazon support response.

Amazon Support chat:

If you are able to access and download the prime video app on your IOS and Android device. Then the app is not banned in New Zealand. As I have checked from my end as well. The app is not banned in New Zealand. You can access prime video via as well as website.
You are unable to get the app on Roku device. As they have their own channel store. The app is ours however you are downloading it from a different channel store. If the channel store have any geo-restriction or any compatibility issue then you will not be able to download the app. If the issue have been from our end. Then the app would still be available however, the service would not have been.
As the channel service is not ours. I am sorry we will not be able to confirm the issue your store is facing. I would you request you to please contact the Roku support service. As I have mentioned the prime video app is not banned. You will be able to confirm is there service is facing issue or not. They can raise a case for your issue as well
For your convenience, I will keep your chat window open. if you face any issue regarding this. Even after contacting there support. Please contact us back. The chat will resume from here it self and you will not have to explain everything again.
Would that be fine with your?

Roku team, please fix this issue.  Or provide us any other way to download the Prime app channel from Roku store.

I can see hundreds of other people are facing the same issue - not able to download Prime on Roku channel store.  Are they all wrong?  Is Amazon restricting prime app in all those countries?  Please provide responsible answer to this problem.