Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
back4more
Level 7

Allcast not working on my roku3

I recently purchased a roku 3 and I am unable to cast to the roku using allcast. When i selecta movie to playfrom show box or movie tube, after I select the roku 3 from list of playback devices, on my playing device I get a black screen with stop, rewind and fast forward buttons, but nothing plays. On the tv screen I just get whatever roku screen I was last on.

I've tried to cast from different devices and have the same problem. I'm using the free version of allcast, and while I know there is a paid version, the fee version is supposed to play 5 minutes before shutting down right?

Anyone know a solution, or better casting app? I'd much rather cast than mirror. Mirroring is very inconsistent for me.
0 Kudos
17 Replies
knuckle
Level 7

Re: Allcast not working on my roku3

firefox beta works great on all my Galaxy devices
ROKU 3 4114AT076252
ROKU 2 LT 16A182002191
ROKU 2 LT #2 16A19K025194
ROKU HD 18D2CP067635
Roku TV 2N002P050587 2WE012050587
ROKU HDMI STICK 5S35CF000124
Roku Express + YU000X236772
all running wireless on a Technicolor C2000T
0 Kudos
back4more
Level 7

"knuckle" wrote:
firefox beta works great on all my Galaxy devices

Can I use it to cast from apps like show box and movie tube?
0 Kudos
back4more
Level 7

So no one has a problems using allcast to cast movie apps to roku?
0 Kudos
tldspectre
Level 7

I've had the same problem, which seemed to start a couple of updates of Showbox ago. Prior to these updates everything was working fine with Allcast (full version). Now when I try to cast to either of my Rokus (2 & 3) I see the "Play on Roku" screen on my TV, but shortly after it jumps back to the Roku home screen. On my tablet I have the blank Alllcast control screen. I tried installing and running Growbox prior to running Allcast (which I read was supposed to be a solution to the problem) but I still get the same results. Very frustrating when everything was working great for a long time until recently!
0 Kudos
my2pomz
Level 7

I have been using showbox with all cast on my roku with no issues until this morning. I've looked online to try to "fix" myself. Did the whole install of grow box. Cleared data cache on showbox and reset the roku. I try to cast a show and it acts like its going to work then tv immediately goes dark and then back to the roku homescreen. PLEASE HELP I'm not that techno savvy so need step by step instructions.

Thank you all in advance
0 Kudos
45acp1911
Level 7

When did your problem start. I am having the same issue. It started on 11/6/2016.
I can cast using smartview on my galaxy s7.
I will post if i can find a fix.
0 Kudos
Geewiz2k1
Level 7

I'm having the same issues on my 3 ROKU boxes. I have a 2,4 and an Ultra. It seems to have started on Friday 4 Nov 16. Allcast works fine casting to my ChromeCast devices, but not to my Rokus. I need to try and see if one of the other cast apps works to ROKU. I don't think Allcast was updated lately.
0 Kudos
Vorg
Level 7

It may be the lastest Roku Firmware. 
https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=97260

I tried another program and it popped up with red text saying that the latest update broke a function on roku for everything using it including some of roku's own what ever.
0 Kudos
fjtharry
Level 7

I've been casting to my Roku 2 and XDr for years now using Allcast from TV Portal and most recently Terrarium TV. A few days ago I started having the same issues, will start to play then reverse back to home screen. I can still cast from YouTube however. Any help would be appreciated. I can still download a show and cast it. The problem only seem to be with live streaming.
0 Kudos