Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
45acp1911
Level 7

Re: Allcast not working on my roku3

It seems like it happened with latest Roku update around 11/03.
My daughter says it still works with chromecast. That seems like the best option for me.
Showbox is a FREE app that has spoiled me. LOL
0 Kudos
Geewiz2k1
Level 7

It seems like this problem is only with Allcast. I can still use the Chromecast with Allcast, and the Rokus still work with other streaming apps like Avia. I don't know what other apps work or what it is about Allcast that the last firmware update broke. It also seems strange to me that my Roku 2 is still getting updates, but since it's probably only this one app or this one kind of app, Roku may not be inclined to fix it. But we will see.
0 Kudos
45acp1911
Level 7

Avia works fine.
Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Vorg
Level 7

"Geewiz2k1" wrote:
It seems like this problem is only with Allcast. I can still use the Chromecast with Allcast, and the Rokus still work with other streaming apps like Avia. I don't know what other apps work or what it is about Allcast that the last firmware update broke. It also seems strange to me that my Roku 2 is still getting updates, but since it's probably only this one app or this one kind of app,  Roku may not be inclined to fix it. But we will see.

It is NOT only Allcast.
0 Kudos
Geewiz2k1
Level 7

"Vorg" wrote:
"Geewiz2k1" wrote:
It seems like this problem is only with Allcast. I can still use the Chromecast with Allcast, and the Rokus still work with other streaming apps like Avia. I don't know what other apps work or what it is about Allcast that the last firmware update broke. It also seems strange to me that my Roku 2 is still getting updates, but since it's probably only this one app or this one kind of app,  Roku may not be inclined to fix it. But we will see.

It is NOT only Allcast.

So, what other apps have you found that do not work with the ROKU? I have found an app on the Google PlayStore, called ALLCONNECT which seems to work just fine with the ROKU and as I stated earlier AVIA also works. I don't have any other apps to try but out of the 3 i have tried AllCast seems to be the only one not working. Now granted the other two apps don't appear to use the Playon part of the ROKU (I have to check again when I go home) and do have there own channels that you install (I don't really think you need to) but they do work. LIST THE APPS YOU HAVE FOUND THAT ALSO DO NOT WORK. Oh, I think there may be an app called TUBIO on another post that is not working also but maybe it uses the same method that ALLCAST uses.
0 Kudos
Geewiz2k1
Level 7

This issue seems to be resolved. I have been able to use Allcast and Showbox again since Wednesday on my Roku 2 and 4, I haven't tried the Ultra yet. They also have added a Video Loading screen before the blue progress meter. I hope it is working for everyone.
0 Kudos
bluesman79
Level 7

I've suddenly started having the same problem, but with allscreen app instead of allcast.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Forum Rules

2-year old thread.  Please start a new thread.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos