Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

All voice commands like "Open the Netflix Channel" result in a red circle with "System Error"

No matter what channel I try to open with the voice commands I get "System Error".   The device is a brand new Roku Ultra, wired ethernet, 8 Gig SD card installed, latest firmware updates, and all the channels are installed and working otherwise.  Just no success with the voice commands, which I need to program the 1/2 shortcut buttons.   Any thoughts would be welcome.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: All voice commands like "Open the Netflix Channel" result in a red circle with "S

Further note, I tried to program the shortcut button by highlighting a channel then pressing and holding the 1 shortcut button.  The remote beeps however when I push the button afterwards I get "System Error" again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: All voice commands like "Open the Netflix Channel" result in a red circle with "S

@SBrecht 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos