Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gramma21
Binge Watcher

All my Rokus keep going back to home screen

Jump to solution

I'm having a problem. My Roku won't interrupt if we're watching a movie, but if we set it on pause or the movie ends and we leave it on the channel, after about 15-20 minutes it will go back to the home screen. It didn't used to do it. I'm wondering if it's something in a new update and if so, how can I turn it off??

We have 3 Rokus - all plugged into outlets. When we press pause, it used to stay paused until we returned - even a day later. But then one of our Rokus started going back to the home screen several months ago (model 3600RW). We couldn't figure out why - we hadn't changed anything. It's extremely annoying because to get back to the movie we were watching, we not only have to reload the channel but depending on which channel, we might even have to find the movie again AND go find how far we'd gotten into the movie. About a month later, our second Roku started doing this too (model 3910RW). And a few weeks later, our third caved into the peer pressure (model 3900X). If someone can please help us solve this, we'd REALLY appreciate this.

Thanks!

Tina

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: All my Rokus keep going back to home screen

Jump to solution

Hi @Gramma21,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem streaming on your Roku devices. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. Please tell us more details so that we can better understand the problem you are having.

• How far are your Roku devices from your network router?
  • Have you tried restarting your network router?
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes when trying to play content?
  • Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)

Kindly try restarting your system and restarting your network router to see if it does anything. We'll anticipate your updates.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: All my Rokus keep going back to home screen

Jump to solution

Hi @Gramma21,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem streaming on your Roku devices. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. Please tell us more details so that we can better understand the problem you are having.

• How far are your Roku devices from your network router?
  • Have you tried restarting your network router?
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes when trying to play content?
  • Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)

Kindly try restarting your system and restarting your network router to see if it does anything. We'll anticipate your updates.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos