Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Alexa skill doesn't change inputs based on most labels

I have a TCL 32S327 that my mother uses as a computer monitor and second TV. The Alexa skill works for switching input to the port labelled 'computer' but it does not recognize most of the other labels or any custom labels as far as I can tell, and there doesn't seem to be a pattern based on names.

'Satellite TV' and 'Cable Box' generate an on-screen error message of 'something went wrong'. 'DVR' generates no on-screen message but Alexa says 'I don't know that'. 'AV receiver' gives an on-screen error, but 'Receiver' works fine.

HDMI# works, but why bother having labels then? Besides, it's a TV, so one would think that if any labels worked it would be all the ones for TV instead of none of them.

Has anyone got any TV-related standard or custom labels to work?

Tags (1)
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Alexa skill doesn't change inputs based on most labels

This is embarrassing. I changed the label to 'television' and it didn't work. But after a half hour I tried using it just for fun and it worked. I don't know why there would be a delay, but I'll try something more suitable (her other tv is attached to a smart plug named 'television') and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Alexa skill doesn't change inputs based on most labels

I have had the same issues and couldn’t find a solution but I was wondering is there anyway to change the hdmi within the Alexa app and if there is can I put it in to a routine so I can say Alexa *routine wakeword* and it will turn on my tv and set it to a specific hdmi

0 Kudos