Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sebrun
Reel Rookie

Re: Alexa command to "unpause"...

Jump to solution

ok i figured this out finally after 15 minutes lol it worked fine and paused unpaused then would not unpause, just said cannot find music playback device named roku so i looked online and noone here had a solution other than resume or continue which had the same result. then i realized that the alexa was actually stuck trying to playback a music list i had started and told her to cancel. so saying unpause roku resume roku or continue roku was trying to continue playing the music but the roku cannot do that so she was confused. so i just said alexa continue and sure enough the last song started right where i had told her to cancel music well it was an 80's song list of over 50 songs so what i did to get her out of the loop was played a short song and let it finish now she can resume roku just fine - hope this helps and they need to fix alexa to actually cancel and forget something when you tell her too not save it until something else replaces it.

0 Kudos
JimmyCarl

Jump to solution

"Alexa, continue video on Roku"

Worked for me. I tried all these suggestions, nothing worked until I included the word video, otherwise Alexa continued previous music.

mllive
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I think I found that using the command: RESUME or CONTINUE works on my TCL/ROKU tv.

0 Kudos
july1955
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don't know what the problem was but it does "unpause" now. You know Alexa -- she gets a bit picky now and then but she always figures it out. It is handy to be able to pause when I walk away for "a second" and then discover I need to do something else before I return to the TV, and then I can "unpause" without returning to my spot on the sofa.

0 Kudos
Bre1
Reel Rookie

Re: How to 'unpause' my Roku device with Alexa commands

Jump to solution

FINALLY !!! THANK YOU 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@filthy A Roku TV is not a commercial TV.

In my house i have bought a Roku TV with my own money

0 Kudos
Bre1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I figured it out. First pause by saying "alexa, pause roku". Then say "alexa, resume". It seems like the roku has to be paused by alexa first (and not by the remote), or else alexa will just default to resuming the last application that was paused on the system which is usually music for me. 

0 Kudos