Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kone
Channel Surfer

How to 'unpause' my Roku device with Alexa commands

Jump to solution

What the heck is the Alexa command to "unpause"?  I successfully paused via Pause but cannot figure out how to tell her to start again.  Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
filthy
Reel Rookie

Re: How to 'unpause' my Roku device with Alexa commands

Jump to solution

Say 'resume'.

And why does anybody have to dig around the internet to find commands for a commercial device?

WHERE IS THE FULL LIST OF COMMANDS!!!!!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
marz

Re: Alexa command to "unpause"...

Jump to solution

Play ? 

That works w other stuff

0 Kudos
filthy
Reel Rookie

Re: How to 'unpause' my Roku device with Alexa commands

Jump to solution

Say 'resume'.

And why does anybody have to dig around the internet to find commands for a commercial device?

WHERE IS THE FULL LIST OF COMMANDS!!!!!

ejcor
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Use: Alexa.....continue on Roku.

stephentoback
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Resume or continue just plays my ambient noise skill, it doesn't unpause Roku. I say "Alexa, tell roku to resume" or "Alext tell roku to continue" and the ambient noise that was playing last night continues. 

blade_005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@stephentoback @kone 

I find that the Alexa Skill can get confused with what you want to PAUSE/RESUME if that device has also recently played Audio or Podcast streams. If I have paused something on Roku and it won't respond to RESUME or CONTINUE command I find that using the PAUSE ROKU command again will RESUME / CONTINUE on the Roku. Think of it as a toggle. Not intuitive and not elegant, but I find it gets the Roku streaming again.

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX
stephentoback
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks so much. So are you saying I should try to pause the ambient sound and then try to continue the Roku?

blade_005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@stephentoback wrote:

Thanks so much. So are you saying I should try to pause the ambient sound and then try to continue the Roku?

If you are stuck in that loop, I would ask Alexa to STOP to turn off the ambient sound and then ask Alexa to PAUSE ROKU again and it should toggle from the current state of a paused video on Roku and go back to streaming. Like I said, it is not elegant, but if Continue or Resume Roku are getting you stuck with it kicking off other recent audio stream from that Roku device I find that just using PAUSE to toggle from ON to OFF seems to work best.

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX
filthy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

All Apps are not supported. TV.Youtube works however Youtube does not.

Your mileage may vary!

july1955
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I found that "Unpause Roku" worked until today. Suddenly Alexa plays Radio.com if I try "Unpause Roku" or "Play Roku"  -- very frustrating as I was so pleased with the pause/unpause feature. I've tried all the suggestions here in the replies and none are working.