Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rkcurtis2597
Reel Rookie

Alexa Roku Skill Not Working

I connected my new Roku Express (3930, 3931 series)   to my Alexa (Echo Dot) in the device menu in the app, and set up the Roku skill, and it claims to be connected, but when I give it commands, nothing happens. If I tell it to play/pause, the Alexa just says “ok” and does nothing, and if I tell it launch an app, it says “sorry, I couldn’t launch [app]”. Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it? I didn’t have this issue with my previous Roku

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
rkcurtis2597
Reel Rookie

Re: Alexa Roku Skill Not Working

Never mind, I figured it out!

0 Kudos
adamski
Reel Rookie

Hi there,

would you be able to advise what was wrong? I have exactly same problem with mine. Many thanks, Adam.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@adamski

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
adamski
Reel Rookie

Hi,

I also figured it out today. The issue is Roku Skill doesn't work well when "Fast TV start" function on the TV is disabled. It works only a short time after the TV has been switched off as probably it's in the stand by mode for some time after. This could be solved by Roku developers as using Roku with Alexa without any problems requires more power consumption.

All the best,

Adam

0 Kudos
smamabird
Reel Rookie

I have been trying to turn on or off my roku 4k+ with my alexa. Cant find fast start. Help please

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@smamabird, there are multiple Roku models with "4k+" in the name, but none of them turn off and none will have a setting for "fast start".  Only Roku TVs truly turn off and have that setting.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos