Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Airplay support - Roku 9.4

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

If you were previously experiencing an issue with accessing Airplay on a Roku Streaming Stick 3810x, we would recommend trying to perform a manual update on your Roku device as we believe this issue has been fixed.

For more information about how to manually update your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Helisak
Level 8

Jump to solution

It’s working!!! Tnks 3810mx

0 Kudos
Has
Level 8

Jump to solution

It works!
3 different roku premiere magically worked this way

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Sounds like the rollout to non-US devices finally happened within the last 24 hours or so. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
jcar
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same question. What manufacturer of TV's uses Axxxx, Cxxxx, CxxGB, 7xxxx  for model numbers??? Are they TCL, are they Vizio, are they Hisense?  Support at this company ROKU are not very good at clarifying confusion.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jcar wrote:

I have the same question. What manufacturer of TV's uses Axxxx, Cxxxx, CxxGB, 7xxxx  for model numbers??? Are they TCL, are they Vizio, are they Hisense?  Support at this company ROKU are not very good at clarifying confusion.

All I know for certain is my Sharp 4K Roku TV is a 7000 series, and my 720p Insignia Roku TV is a 5000 series. From others posting here, the Onn appears to be an 8000 series. I have no idea about any other brand.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
jonny1
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks, finally streaming stick+ 3810x working. I didn't manually update or anything today, device still at 9.4.0, Build: 4190-50, but noticed that the AirPlay was in settings, and when trying it out it also worked.

0 Kudos
sarahthustra
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm using Roku 9.4 on a new Streaming Stick+, model 3810, and have been trying to AirPlay HBO Max from both a Mac running Big Sur 11.0.1 and an iPhone running 13.7. Neither has worked. For the Mac, I get this error message: "Currently AirPlay to Roku Streaming Stick is not supported", with a suggestion to try streaming using DLNA, and with my iPhone, it buffers for a minute before giving me an AirPlay welcome screen of sorts, which tells me to choose a specific wifi network and choose that device. There is also a link to AirPlay/HomeKit settings, all of which are normal. 

There is only one Roku device to choose from, and both the Roku and my phone (and Mac, for what it's worth) are on the same network, 2.4 GHz. I can't get past this screen, and I managed to stump three tech support agents a few days ago; Roku has yet to follow up over email as promised. I'm getting extremely frustrated and was hoping someone here might have found a solution? Thanks so much. 

0 Kudos
grayjaso1
Level 10

Jump to solution

Is the 3810X inside or outside of US?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

@sarahthustra wrote:

I'm using Roku 9.4 on a new Streaming Stick+, model 3810, and have been trying to AirPlay HBO Max from both a Mac running Big Sur 11.0.1 and an iPhone running 13.7. Neither has worked. For the Mac, I get this error message: "Currently AirPlay to Roku Streaming Stick is not supported", with a suggestion to try streaming using DLNA, and with my iPhone, it buffers for a minute before giving me an AirPlay welcome screen of sorts, which tells me to choose a specific wifi network and choose that device. There is also a link to AirPlay/HomeKit settings, all of which are normal. 

There is only one Roku device to choose from, and both the Roku and my phone (and Mac, for what it's worth) are on the same network, 2.4 GHz. I can't get past this screen, and I managed to stump three tech support agents a few days ago; Roku has yet to follow up over email as promised. I'm getting extremely frustrated and was hoping someone here might have found a solution? Thanks so much. 

1.) Make sure you are using separate SSIDs for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.

2.) Make sure "AP isolation" or "client isolation" etc is disabled.

3.) Try connecting one of the devices to 5Ghz instead (say, the Roku), while leaving the others at 2.4hz.

0 Kudos