Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haoj1006
Level 7

Re: Airplay support - Roku 9.4

Jump to solution

Same build here on my 3810X. No Airplay option for Roku for mw. Just my Apple TV. 

0 Kudos
GJ99
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for comment.  I did try the video cast button instead of screen mirroring, still no go.  Not a big deal, I think it is just an issue with the Airplay still in beta, when I try the cast option from the iphone with a video in fullscreen, instead of displaying on the tv it just goes to the Airplay settings window in Roku,  I'm sure they're aware that it works with some apps (HBO) but not all, that's why they're only pushing this through on the Ultra at this time.

0 Kudos
myronf
Level 7

Jump to solution

Screen mirroring works great wit my Iphone, ipad and Macair on my tv with Roku Ultra 4670.  I cannot get it to work on any of my other tv's that have lesser Roku devices.

Any comments on this?

0 Kudos
Paulsmalls
Level 8

Jump to solution

This was pushed live 2 days ago. Let’s hope it means they’re close. https://support.roku.com/article/360057488733

Rocketman69
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. Version 9.4.1, build 4182 on an Ultra 2020. I can’t see any mention of Airplay on any system related menu. Where is it?

0 Kudos
GJ99
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same here with the other Roku devices (4k stick plus), but haven't been updated to Build 4183 like the Ultra so I think it hasn't been pushed out to those lesser devices yet.

0 Kudos
GJ99
Level 7

Jump to solution

Mine shows up under the Roku settings option directly beneath the Payment Option.  My Ultra is 2019 model with version 9.4.0 Build 4183.

0 Kudos
Haoj1006
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have nothing at all but model 3810x on 9.4.0 build 4183. I don't get it. 

0 Kudos
Drake718
Level 8

AirPlay 2 has arrived... sort of

Jump to solution

As of Oct 31st (nice treat) AirPlay 2 has appeared on 4660 & 4670 Roku Ultra's but (and here's the trick) not yet on my 4640x or 4800x . Been using it to stream HBO Max for a couple hours. It was a little glitchy yesterday from my iPad but has been better today from my 1st gen SE. overall it's about the same experience as chrome cast using a dongle on the TV.

Robofriar
Level 7

Jump to solution

TCL also informed me that all of their Roku 4K tv's will receive the update eventually in the "coming months." For those wondering about their smart TV's, I guess we'll just have to wait.

0 Kudos