Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darkarw
Level 7

Re: Roku employes or Roku support - What build of 9.4.0 will truly have airplay 2??????????

Jump to solution

Same here I guess. I liked when Roku was the open streaming platform it pitched itself as being in the first place. Between blocking HBOMax and dragging their feet by saying features are already available, that are not, it’s beyond frustrating as a consumer. 

0 Kudos
Robofriar
Level 7

Re: Airplay support - Roku 9.4

Jump to solution

After updating to 9.4 did anyone else get an "incompatible signal" message? It was working before the update. Is the the tv just too old now? i have a 2019 Roku Premiere

0 Kudos
ProfessorQ
Level 7

Re: Roku employes or Roku support - What build of 9.4.0 will truly have airplay 2??????????

Jump to solution

What is the model of your Roku? I have Roku Streaming Stick +, but no airplay 2.

0 Kudos
jcar
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had the 2020 Streambar but returned it. Got tired of the false advertising and confusion.

0 Kudos
Ursacat
Level 7

Jump to solution

I bought the Roku Premier 3920X,  2 weeks ago specifically  to stream from my Macbook Pro running latest Catalina to the Roku device using Airplay (and have HBO Max (as "advertised", written up in CNET and actually looking at the How To instructions in Roku Help (https://support.roku.com/article/360057488733.) I have 9.4.0 build 4183-91. The is no AP2/HK menu option yet...I'd really like to avoid dropping $175 on another Apple TV. So I guess I'll hang on and continue to use a direct HDMI connection from Macbook to Samsung TV......I'm new to Roku so I trust they will deliver soon.....

0 Kudos
nate79dawg
Level 8

Jump to solution

So I came home yesterday, and my Roku has Airplay 2, and it’s working quite nicely. 

model:4660RW - Roku ultra

SW: 9.4.0 build 4176-46

hope this info helps determine which units are getting AirPlay 2

Roku Ultra (4660, 4661, 4662 series) 

0 Kudos
bbh
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have 9.4.1 Build 4182, but no dign of Airplay. Very disappointed. This is ONLY reason I bought new Ultra. 

0 Kudos
CNIles3806
Level 7

Jump to solution

My Roku Ultra 4660X version 9.4.0 build 4183-46 has the Airplay 2 feature available, my Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810X version 9.4.0 build 4183-50 doesn't have Airplay 2 however. 

0 Kudos
GJ99
Level 7

Jump to solution

I noticed my Ultra at 9.4.0 Build 4183 has Apple Airplay on it, by two Roku Stick Plus units have not updated to this build so they don't have airplay.  The airplay works somewhat, but must be in beta.  I can mirror my iphone and ipad, but videos are a challenge (some don't show at all) and anytime you exit mirroring, instead of going to Roku home screen you go to Apple airplay settings on Roku menu instead.  Hopefully they'll have this working by the end of the year better than it is on this device and the others, as it does when I mirror from my iphone directly to my samsung tv.

0 Kudos
dave999z
Level 9

Jump to solution

I got a system update on my 2019 Ultra today.  Version 9.4.0 build 4183.  It now has Airplay video.  Streaming the HBO Max iPad app to my Roku works great!  Huge kudos to Roku for implementing this.

To the previous poster, instead of screen mirroring, I’m able to just hit the video cast button (or whatever that’s called) in the HBO Max app, select my Roku, and it sends the video to the Roku.  I can then use the Roku remote to play/pause/etc., and can do other things on my iPad at the same time (don’t have to stay on HBO Max app).  Picture and sound are great.  Pretty great implementation in my opinion.  I agree after you stop airplaying something it should just go back to the Roku home screen rather than the Airplay settings, but that isn’t a big deal.

0 Kudos