Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Theyhavelanded
Level 7

Re: What build of 9.4.0 will truly have airplay 2?????????????????

Jump to solution

@copperage wrote:

On settings, the update has a mirroring section but my ios devices don't recognize it

That’s not new. That’s for in app. It’s not airplay. 

0 Kudos
Mtenga
Level 7

Re: What build of 9.4.0 will truly have airplay 2?????????????????

Jump to solution

I’ve got the original Space Invaders game from Taito on my iPad. When airplay 2 arrives to my SS+ will I be able to mirror the game to a big screen? Ideally using an Xbox controller with the iPad.

0 Kudos
jcar
Level 7

Roku employes or Roku support - What build of 9.4.0 will truly have airplay 2??????????

Jump to solution

???

0 Kudos
wood1208
Level 8

Re: Roku employes or Roku support - What build of 9.4.0 will truly have airplay 2??????????

Jump to solution

Not sure Roku support follows this forum so hoping for answer is fruitless. Sometime you have to bite the bullet and buy other Streaming device that supports AirPlay 2. I just picked up AppleTV box from the facebook marketplace in my area and it just works. Soon Roku will release the software update with Airplay 2 support and put this issue to bed.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku employes or Roku support - What build of 9.4.0 will truly have airplay 2??????????

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts regarding Apple Airplay with the newest OS 9.4.

As stated previously by @StreamerUser and mentioned in the Roku blog, "Later this year, we’re expecting to deliver Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit capabilities on select 4K Roku devices."

We currently cannot provide any further information at this time, however feel free to check the Roku blog periodically for any new updates regarding the newest features of OS 9.4.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ivanoharris
Level 8

Re: Airplay support - Roku 9.4

Jump to solution

TLDR: Roku will release this in a sub-release of 9.4 like 9.4.1 or 9.4.x.  9.4 is not the same as 9.4.x

Ramidi45
Level 7

Jump to solution

I see airplay and HomeKit settings on build 9.4.0.4176 

0 Kudos
lesmikesell
Level 13

Jump to solution

@Ramidi45 wrote:

I see airplay and HomeKit settings on build 9.4.0.4176 

What device has received that update?

0 Kudos
jcar
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ramidi45, Where on the menu do you specifically see Homekit and Airplay 2?

0 Kudos
Ramidi45
Level 7

Jump to solution

In settings menu between Payment Method and Legal Notices

0 Kudos