Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rvesey

Airplay not working on Roku TV 7105X TCL 55S405

We are currently unable to connect to AirPlay via our TCL 55S405 Roku TV  7105X. According to the support articleHow do I use AirPlay and HomeKit with my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support, we should be running Version 9.4 or higher. We are running 10.0.0 build 4195-30.

We are unable to locate the TV when utilizing screen mirroring on any Apple devices. When attempting to add the device to HomeKit, the QR code can be effectively scanned, but we receive the notification that it is unable to connect.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Airplay not working on Roku TV 7105X TCL 55S405

This appears to be a recurring issue with the AirPlay2 support, however:

1) Verify you have the latest AirPlay support:

A) Settings/Apple AirPlay and HomeKit should exist - if it doesnt go to C and message @RokuDanny-R 
B) Using remote: Home 3x, Up 2x, L, R, L, R, L (AirPlay should be 1.1.14-104 or later)
C) Settings/System/System update/Check now (should be 10.0.0-4195 or later) - try again

2) Disable & Re-enable WiFi on the Apple devices - try again

3) Restart all devices (Rokus, Apples, router/modem) - try again

4) Reset the paired devices: Settings/Apple Airplay and HomeKit/Require Code/Reset Paired Devices - try again

5) Setup HomeKit: Settings/Apple Airplay and HomeKit/Setup HomeKit - try again

6) Switch either Rokus or Apples from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz, or from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz - try again

7) Switch Roku's display output to 1080p - try again

Jerimiah

I tried all of those things and still cannot get Homekit to work reliably with this TV. Additionally, the last time I got it working (for about 1 day), the TV would turn back on about 1 minute after I turned it off with the regular remote. I had to disable homekit on the TV to make it stop doing that. 

It sometimes takes several attempts to reset the homekit connection from the TV. i usually have to try at least 5 times whenever I take this action. 

It's easier to hit the API for this TV directly with a curl command than to try to get it to work with Homekit, if that is any indication of the ridiculous hoops users have to jump through (I'm a programmer so I have a certain perspective about things, I suppose). 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jerimiah

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to investigate the issue you are experiencing. If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos