Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Airplay not showing up on device

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Please make sure that if you have both a 2.4 and 5 ghz network, that you are making sure both the Roku device and your Airplay device are on the same frequency network (i.e. if you have netgear100 and netgear 100-5G, both devices need to be on the 5g or the non-5G one)

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Livan
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello Danny,

this is very well understood but you still haven't explained why on many devices Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit is totally missing from the menu. This has nothing to do with network or user misconfiguration.

Please stop give useless information and give some purposeful feedback.

Regards

Gnaz
Level 8

Jump to solution

I’ve followed all directions for troubleshooting including this one but roku still not showing as a device on my apple products. 

krusader
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku device model: 4670X Roku Ultra
-serial number: YJ00FG713049
-device ID: KWA07F713049
-software OS/version: 9.4.0 build 4200-46
 option too sorry on my Apple device doesn’t show the Roku device

0 Kudos
Pinehawker
Level 8

Jump to solution

After a full day of working, I finally found a solution.  One article suggested a change in display of the roku stick.  I changed 1080 to 4k.  Lo and behold my 3810 Roku stick now appears in Airplay mirroring -  and works fine.  As I write this not, 1 am running videos from Internet on my ipad.

DBRALLER
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi, I am having this same problem. 

ROKU

3810RW - Roku Streaming Stick+

9.4.0 build 4200-50

IPHONE: IOS 14.2

MACBOOK PRO - OS CATALINA - 10.15.7

RichClose
Level 8

Jump to solution

not sure how to find out where to look and change the setting in settings to see if its 5g or 2g. Smiley Sad May I suggest some videos for us old people? 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@RichClose wrote:

not sure how to find out where to look and change the setting in settings to see if its 5g or 2g. Smiley Sad May I suggest some videos for us old people? 

On the Roku, look at the network settings (Settings/Network) and see what WiFi channel number it's using. If the channel number is below 12, you're using 2.4 GHz WiFi. If the channel number is higher, then you're on a 5 GHz WiFi radio. Depending on your Roku model, it might not even support 5 GHz. For the current models, only the Stick+ and the Ultra support 5 GHz. There are some older versions of the Premiere that also support 5 GHz, and then some really old ones as well, but they won't get AirPlay at all. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Plsarratt
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just got a new Roku Premiere and it doesn’t show on any of my Apple devices. 

-Roku device model - 3920X
-serial number - YH008D162200
-device ID - K43088162200
-software OS/version - 9.4.0 build 4200-19

0 Kudos
Pinehawker
Level 8

Jump to solution

The change that I made was in the Roku Display Value. This is how I changed my setup so my ipad could see my 3810 Roku stick.

I went to the Roku setup screen as shown on my TV - then to the the Settings function

Under the Settings function I went to the Display type

Under Display type, I changed the type value from 1080 to 4K 30Hz TV

Than I went to my ipad screening mirroring screen and my Roku 3810X showed up

The likely thing is the Roku stick did not "see" the 1018  display, but it could "see" 4K.

My TV is an  older Samsung UN50JU650D.  I use the Roku 3810X for Streaming and Mirroring

Ipad mirroring was work very well --  watched Christmas movies using Airplay mirroring.

0 Kudos