Thanks, I didn't look far enough down the page and overlooked that.
I just realized the post did include the Roku model number, and it is a supported model. So the next question is, where is the person located?
I'll also mention that when AirPlay was first rolled out, it is not appear in the Roku settings menu until after I used my iPhone and looked for a Roku device and connected. After that, it appeared in all my Roku devices. No idea if it was just timing or coincidence. But one should look on the phone and see if the Roku appears as a destination.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution." If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
I also cannot get my Roku Stick 3800X to show up in my iPhone's airplay. Both devices are on the same Wifi & my streaming stick is on 10.0.0. My iphone is up to date. Airplay is enabled on the Roku. What am I missing here?
This appears to be a recurring issue with the AirPlay2 support, however:
1) Verify you have the latest AirPlay support: A) Using remote: Home 3x, Up 2x, L, R, L, R, L (AirPlay should be 1.14-104 or later) B) Settings/System/System update/Check now (should be 10.0.0-4209 or later) - try again
2) Verify your devices arent connected to a Guest SSID or otherwise have AP/Client Isolation enabled on the SSID - try again
3) Disable & re-enable WiFi on the Apple devices - try again
4) Restart all devices (Rokus, Apples, modem/router/gateway) - try again
5) Reset the paired devices: Settings/Apple Airplay and HomeKit/Require Code/Reset Paired Devices - try again
6) Setup HomeKit: Settings/Apple Airplay and HomeKit/Setup HomeKit - try again
7) Switch either Rokus or Apples from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz, or from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz - try again
8) Switch Roku's display output to 1080p - try again
Thanks for all the suggestions (I was logged into my Dad's roku account and have since logged into mine & have a different username). I tried them all and made sure AP Client isolation was disabled on my router. The Roku is still not showing up as an Airplay device.