Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Airplay not showing up on device

Jump to solution

@bluejeans1 wrote:

Thanks for all the suggestions (I was logged into my Dad's roku account and have since logged into mine & have a different username). I tried them all and made sure AP Client isolation was disabled on my router. The Roku is still not showing up as an Airplay device.

I suggest you provide all the information @RokuDanny-R  asked for in an earlier post, and post it here and/or in a message to him - he may be able to help you further.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can’t do airplay from devices

Jump to solution

@MsFran

Thanks for the post.

Do you see Airplay and Homekit in Settings? In addition, have you checked for a recent update through Settings > System > System update > Check now?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MsFran9
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It made me register a new name! 😞

I had done all of that. I had to reset it to factory to get it to recognize the TV again. A hassle but at least it works now.

0 Kudos
bebeto667
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@MsFran9 .What do you mean by “recognize the tv again” ?

i have tried factory reset too and did not work for me 

0 Kudos
MsFran9
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It was not showing in the list anymore when it had been before. I tried everything! Only thing that worked was to do factory reset in the tv. 

0 Kudos
bluejeans1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Good idea. So, @RokuDanny-R  , I might have updated since I wrote this draft, but this is what I had:

-Roku device model: 3800X Roku Streaming Stick 
-serial number: YF0006263447
-device ID: CT3960263447
-software OS/version 10.0.0 Build 4209

I'm trying to connect my iPhone SE & MacBook (Catalina 10.15.7) to Airplay. The Roku device does not show up on either my phone or my MacBook. They are on the same WiFi. AP client isolation is disabled. Software/OS was up to date on all 3 devices.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@bluejeans1

Thanks for the follow up post.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate team to investigate.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ThoHae
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

same issue with airplay, Roku Streaming Stick+ (model 3810x, version 10.0.0) is not showing as screen mirroring device on iPhone X (iOS 14.7.1). All Iphone, TV, Roku stick are on same wifi network. Roku airplay setting is ON. How can I solve the issue? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ThoHae

Thanks for the post.

If you are not able to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass the information along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ThoHae
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

serial number is: YH00ED148257

0 Kudos