Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Airplay not working on, Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810

Jump to solution

@Jimsawsome wrote:

None of it worked this sucks I really needed it I’m not sure if it’s something wrong with the roku or the iPhone my friend has one as well and his worked very good 

An Airplay2 update (1.14.104) was released today (5/25) - check for updates (Settings/System/System updates/Check now) and test your AP connections again.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
bebeto667
Reel Rookie

Re: Airplay not showing up on device

Jump to solution

Hello, I have a TCL 4K series 5 43 inches and airplay is not showing up in the menu

Roku Tv C112X

device I’d: S043F97S89NE

tcl model: 43S525

roku os: 10.0.0 build 4209-93

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@bebeto667 not every Roku TV supports Airplay. Look under Settings/System/About and look up the Roku model number. It has to be one of the supported models:

Device Model

Roku TV™ 

Axxxx, Cxxxx, CxxGB, 7xxxx

If your model doesn't start with A, C or 7, it will not get AirPlay at this time. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Dont forget that was only for OS 9.4:   https://support.roku.com/article/360057488733

The Roku devices listed below must be running Roku OS 10.0 or higher to support Apple HomeKit and streaming with AirPlay 2.

• Note: Devices running Roku OS 10.0 will receive AirPlay support in batches in the coming weeks.

Device Model

Roku TV  Dxxxx, 8xxxx 
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Thanks, I didn't look far enough down the page and overlooked that.

I just realized the post did include the Roku model number, and it is a supported model. So the next question is, where is the person located? 

I'll also mention that when AirPlay was first rolled out, it is not appear in the Roku settings menu until after I used my iPhone and looked for a Roku device and connected. After that, it appeared in all my Roku devices. No idea if it was just timing or coincidence. But one should look on the phone and see if the Roku appears as a destination. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Express in which I am not able to Mirror my iPhone as well as Samsung S7 Mobile.

With iPhone, when I select Screen Mirror, select my Roku device, mobile waits for some time and then reports that Airplay was unable to connect.

With Samsung S7 Mobile, when I select Smart View, my mobile does not show Roku in Available devices list.

I have verified that Roku device and mobiles are on same Wifi network.

Also, in my friend's Roku Express, I was able to mirror screen using both of my mobiles.

On my Roku Device: Settings->Apple AirPlay and HomeKit- shows:

AirPlay On

Require Code: First Time Only

AirPlay Version:  3.2.0.13

App Version: 23.55.0

App Engine:  8.1.0

Streaming Engine: 1.530.21

Details abode Roku device

Model 3900X - Roku Express

SW Version - 10.0.0 Build 4209-51

Tags (1)
bluejeans3

Jump to solution

I also cannot get my Roku Stick 3800X to show up in my iPhone's airplay. Both devices are on the same Wifi & my streaming stick is on 10.0.0. My iphone is up to date. Airplay is enabled on the Roku. What am I missing here?

Thanks

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@abhaya_jaiswal @bluejeans3 

This appears to be a recurring issue with the AirPlay2 support, however:

1) Verify you have the latest AirPlay support:
    A) Using remote: Home 3x, Up 2x, L, R, L, R, L (AirPlay should be 1.14-104 or later)
    B) Settings/System/System update/Check now (should be 10.0.0-4209 or later) - try again

2) Verify your devices arent connected to a Guest SSID or otherwise have AP/Client Isolation enabled on the SSID - try again

3) Disable & re-enable WiFi on the Apple devices - try again

4) Restart all devices (Rokus, Apples, modem/router/gateway) - try again

5) Reset the paired devices: Settings/Apple Airplay and HomeKit/Require Code/Reset Paired Devices - try again

6) Setup HomeKit: Settings/Apple Airplay and HomeKit/Setup HomeKit - try again

7) Switch either Rokus or Apples from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz, or from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz - try again

😎 Switch Roku's display output to 1080p - try again

MsFran

Can’t do airplay from devices

Jump to solution

Roku TV C110X Model #55S425 Serial # X0000094E2J7 software 10.0.0

I have done all the troubleshooting it used to work and stopped all my other TVs show up on devices just not this one. I even tried an Ethernet connection. Nothing will add it back!!!

Your solution on another post does not solve my issue. This is a big feature as to why I chose this tv without it what is it worth!!!

I need a fix to this!

0 Kudos
bluejeans1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for all the suggestions (I was logged into my Dad's roku account and have since logged into mine & have a different username). I tried them all and made sure AP Client isolation was disabled on my router. The Roku is still not showing up as an Airplay device.

0 Kudos