Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
witeshadow

Re: Airplay not showing up on device

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Express+.  I assumed I would never get AirPlay support, but my Mac sees it as does my iPhone. When I try to connect it shows a big AirPlay logo on the TV screen, my Mac asks for a code, but the Roku leaves the home screen.  I am running version 10.0 and there is an AirPlay HomeKit menu, it says I will be redirected to Apple AirPlay and HomeKit settings for setup, but it just shows the AirPlay logo and goes back to the prior screen without doing anything.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@witeshadow

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information we will be able to look further the into issue for you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rafa1987
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi,

I’m happy to share that the Airplay menu appeared to day on the settings and also Airplay is working perfectly on all Apple devices now. It’s worth mentioning that I didn’t get any additional update, the menu just appeared out of nowhere.

thanks! 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Rafa1987 wrote:

Hi,

I’m happy to share that the Airplay menu appeared to day on the settings and also Airplay is working perfectly on all Apple devices now. It’s worth mentioning that I didn’t get any additional update, the menu just appeared out of nowhere.

thanks! 

You did get an update, it was simply an automatic background update (Rokus do this once a day, or upon bootup and a few other scenarios) that happened without you noticing it.

0 Kudos
Jimsawsome
Reel Rookie

Airplay not working on, Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810

Jump to solution

I recently bought a roku device that is supported with airplay and I’ve tried a few different things to get the roku to show up on screen mirroring on my iPhone, is there anyway I can get this to work and show up? Thanks.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Airplay not working on, Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810

Jump to solution

What firmware version? (Settings/System/About)?

Does Settings/Apple AirPlay and HomeKit exist/open?

Jimsawsome
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

OS 10.0.0 on a 3810 Roku Streaming Stick+ 

In the settings it has Apple AirPlay and HomeKit and it opens but the device won’t show up on screen mirroring in the control center.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

1) Reset the paired devices: Settings/Apple Airplay and HomeKit/Require Code/Reset Paired Devices - try again

2) Disable & Re-enable WIFi on the Apple sending devices - try again

3) Switch either Rokus or Apples from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz, or from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz - try again

4) Restart all devices (Rokus, Apples, router/modem) - try again

5) Switch Roku's display output to 1080p - try again

0 Kudos
Jimsawsome
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

None of it worked this sucks I really needed it I’m not sure if it’s something wrong with the roku or the iPhone my friend has one as well and his worked very good 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jimsawsome,

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are unable to connect your Roku device to Airplay and Homekit.

Please make sure to check that your Apple device and Roku device are on the same wireless network. In addition, could you also please provide the model number and OS version of your iPhone. 

The Apple devices below support streaming audio and video with AirPlay 2.

• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 12.3 or later
    • Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14.5 or later

If you need more information, visit the Apple support website.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How do I use AirPlay and HomeKit with my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos