Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sankargoli
Channel Surfer

Re: Airplay

Thanks for the reply @atc98092 ! I also have a samsung TV  and Apple TV. I can screen mirror and cast videos to these two devices. I will take a look at the router settings as well as you mentioned. 🙂 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

My iPhone sees all my Roku devices, along with several TVs in the house. I did have to manually enter the IP address of my Premiere in the Roku app to see it for some reason, but for iOS screen mirroring every supporting Roku I have has always appeared. My 720p Insignia Roku TV doesn't show, but I'm not certain that TV will ever get AirPlay support.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Sankargoli
Channel Surfer

Re: Airplay not showing up on device on OS 10.0

Were you able to fix the issue? @gwstiles 

0 Kudos
gwstiles
Binge Watcher

4 days ago, I un-plugged my router ethernet cable from the Roku and waited. Then I reconnected the ethernet cable to the Roku and, after a short time, AirPlay worked from my iPhone and I was able to watch something via AirPlay.

I haven't tried using AirPlay again until today and the Roku is not showing up on my device again. 

So, NO, my issue is not resolved. 

I'm using iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14.5.1. Roku software ver. 10.0

I've restarted and updated everything possible. 

0 Kudos
gwstiles
Binge Watcher

Am I correct in assuming that if my router had settings enabled to block certain devices then those devices would never work? It wouldn't work randomly, correct?

0 Kudos
gwstiles
Binge Watcher

My wi-fi network uses a mesh wi-fi system. Someone told me that sometimes a mesh network can cause problems with streaming content vs. using a traditional router/wi-fi setup.

Does anyone else use a mesh wi-fi setup?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

An Airplay2 update (1.14.104) was released today (5/25) - check for updates (Settings/System/System updates/Check now) and test your AP connections again.

0 Kudos
Sankargoli
Channel Surfer

I’ve just updated and no luck yet 😞

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Sankargoli wrote:

I’ve just updated and no luck yet 😞

Have you tried using the Roku app to connect/control your Ultra?

Do you have another phone/tablet/device you can try to connect to your Ultra with?

How is your Ultra connecting? wired? wireless? same SSID?

Have you:

1) Reset the paired devices: Settings/Apple Airplay and HomeKit/Require Code/Reset Paired Devices - try again

2) Disable & Re-enable WIFi on the Apple devices - try again

3) Switch either Rokus or Apples from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz, or from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz - try again

4) Restart all devices (Rokus, Apples, router/modem) - try again

5) Switch Roku's display output to 1080p - try again

6) Verify you aren't using AP/Client Isolation (modem/router/gateway setting) or otherwise connected to a Guest SSID?

0 Kudos
Wuhula
Reel Rookie

Purchased a Roku just for Airplay and it's not available Smiley Sad

Roku device model: 3920X - Roku Premiere
Serial number: YH00EV498763
Device ID: K450CE498763
Software OS/version: 10.0.0 Build 4195-91

Region: Australia/Victoria/Melbourne

Screenshot/image of Airplay and Homekit in Settings:

There is even NO Airplay and Homekit section in the system setting. (Restarted Roku a few times and no luck...) Only a screen mirror setting, set to allow all devices but not showing in iPad (I guess this is not the airplay one?)

Roku and iPad (iOS 14.6) connected to the same 2.4GHz Wi-Fi

Tags (1)
0 Kudos