Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Airplay not showing up on device

Jump to solution

See if this post from @StreamerUser helps:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/Help-setting-up-Apple-Airplay-on...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Rafa1987
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Not really, unfortunately. And in my case it seems Airplay is not available on the Roku device. I don’t get it in the setting and I don’t that on the iOS devices. It seems this update to the Roku OS 10.0 is not actually changing anything. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Rafa1987 wrote:

Not really, unfortunately. And in my case it seems Airplay is not available on the Roku device. I don’t get it in the setting and I don’t that on the iOS devices. It seems this update to the Roku OS 10.0 is not actually changing anything. 

The AirPlay functionality is actually a (hidden) set of apps that once installed appears in the Roku UI under Settings/Apple AirPlay and HomeKit - if you dont see this, AirPlay support isnt installed/available.

And though AirPlay requires OS10 for non-4K models, its a separate download from the firmware itself.  Like with the AirPlay support for 4K-models with 9.4, the AirPlay functionality is only supported on certain later builds (the initial builds of 9.4 did not have AP support either).

So expect that once a certain (unknown, but AirPlay) supporting build of OS10 has been released, the AP support will download/become available as well.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

AirPlay was made available this afternoon to OS10 Build 4185 non-4K devices.

0 Kudos
Rafa1987
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the build 4185 since April 27th but Airplay is not there 😞 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Check for updates:  Settings/System/System update/Check now, once it downloads/installs the AirPlay support, restart  (Settings/System/System restart/Restart)

NOTE:  If you are not in the US it may take longer to rollout.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Rafa1987 wrote:

I have the build 4185 since April 27th but Airplay is not there 😞 

The first time I checked for AirPlay on one of my Ultras, there was no menu option for it, but when I looked on my phone for devices that were available to screen mirror to, the Ultra appeared. Once I completed the AirPlay connection, the menu appeared on the Ultra. Not certain why it did that, but you might check your phone for available target devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Rafa1987
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

As I told, I have the OS 10 build 4185 since April 27th but have not been able to use Airplay so far.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
@Rafa1987 wrote:

As I told, I have the OS 10 build 4185 since April 27th but have not been able to use Airplay so far.

Again, AirPlay is a separate (hidden apps) update from OS10-4185 - you'll want to manually check for updates, and, if it download/installs it, restart so that it appears in the UI under Settings.

0 Kudos
Rafa1987
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ok. Got it. So that’s probably not rolled out to my region yet. Thanks!

0 Kudos