Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeeBeez

Airplay no longer shows up on my devices using Sharp TV

I have a Sharp TV with Roku built in.  Model number LC-43LBU711C with Roku software 10.5.0.

This TV no longer shows up for airplay on any of my devices.  Anyone have a solution?  Same network, it used to work and now it doesn't.  I can stream youtube from my phone app to the tv, so I know there's connectivity.  Just no airplay.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
scb01467
Reel Rookie

Re: Airplay not showing up on device

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model  4660X
-serial number  YJ000K101348
-device ID  CK48A010348
-software OS/version  10.5.0  build 4198-46
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing  go o Settings, no Airplay
-screenshot/image of Airplay and Homekit in Settings  not in Settings

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Airplay not showing up on device

@scb01467

Thanks for the post and providing us with your details.

I have passed along the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Adavie

AirPlay not working help please

I have 4 Roku Express Model 3900x all on same network running same 10.5.0 software version. 3 of the players are showing up when I try to AirPlay but the 4th is not. I have used AirPlay previously on this device with no issues. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
cavemanmike
Channel Surfer

Re: Airplay no longer shows up on my devices using Sharp TV

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Helpful forum post by @StreamerUser re getting Airplay to work: https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/Help-setting-up-Apple-Airplay-on...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
cavemanmike
Channel Surfer

Tried all of these. Didn't fix the issue at first, but after some retrying and a hard reboot of the roku and reset of the WiFi . issue is now resolved.

0 Kudos
sowandreap

airplay not working with streaming stick 4K a 10.5 issue?

I have a brand new streaming stick 4K. Roku is not listed on AirPlay list. I did already check they are on same network, reset modems, toggled wifi, checked air play was on, checked mirroring was always allowed. Airplay on both my mac and iphone show other airplay devices but not Roku. I see from other support that this might be cause by release 10.5? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: airplay not working with streaming stick 4K a 10.5 issue?

Hi everyone,

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

Do you see Airplay and Homekit in your Roku device settings? If so, please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-screenshot of your Settings with Airplay and Homekit missing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cavemanmike
Channel Surfer

Re: airplay not working with streaming stick 4K a 10.5 issue?

The roku was not visible from either airplay or HomeKit. when I tried to launch the airplay settings app on the roku it just crashed and sent me back to the Home Screen.

note that, in my case anyway, I am on the same WiFi network as the device, and it has worked flawlessly until this point. Doing the step outlined in the earlier post fixed the issue for me.

roku 3810x

s/n yh00d6659790

v10.5.0 build 4208-50

device ID 21309D659790

0 Kudos