Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Azariahrose7
Level 7

Airplay issue with QR code

Jump to solution

So I have the option to do airplay and HomeKit however when I scan the code and my Tlc roku tv is connected to the same WiFi as my phone(iPhone 12 pro max) it says device not able to connect after I scan the QR code and even type the numbers in.... same goes for my husbands phone and it’s the same phone as mine help! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Level 16

Re: AirplAy

Jump to solution

AirPlay and HomeKit are two separate but related functions.

The QR code scanning is just for the HomeKit setup - since AirPlay is enabled by default, try just using the AirPlay function from your phone.

https://support.roku.com/article/360057488733

How do I use AirPlay to view videos, music, and photos on my TV?

Before you can use AirPlay with your Roku device, check that your Apple device and Roku device are on the same wireless network. Once they are, you can use the steps below to view content on your TV using AirPlay.

1. On your Apple device, find the video, song, photo, or podcast you wish to share.
  2. Tap or click the AirPlay video icon Apple AirPlay video icon in video apps, or the AirPlay audio icon Apple AirPlay audio icon in music and other audio apps.

• Note: With some apps, you may need to tap or click the Share icon Apple Share icon before you will see the AirPlay icon.

3. Select your Roku device from the AirPlay menu.

Once playback begins, you can pause, fast forward, and rewind from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, or you can use your Roku remote. When you want to stop streaming with AirPlay, you can press the Home button on your Roku remote.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
StreamerUser
Level 16

Jump to solution

AirPlay and HomeKit are two separate but related functions.

The QR code scanning is just for the HomeKit setup - since AirPlay is enabled by default, try just using the AirPlay function from your phone.

https://support.roku.com/article/360057488733

How do I use AirPlay to view videos, music, and photos on my TV?

Before you can use AirPlay with your Roku device, check that your Apple device and Roku device are on the same wireless network. Once they are, you can use the steps below to view content on your TV using AirPlay.

1. On your Apple device, find the video, song, photo, or podcast you wish to share.
  2. Tap or click the AirPlay video icon Apple AirPlay video icon in video apps, or the AirPlay audio icon Apple AirPlay audio icon in music and other audio apps.

• Note: With some apps, you may need to tap or click the Share icon Apple Share icon before you will see the AirPlay icon.

3. Select your Roku device from the AirPlay menu.

Once playback begins, you can pause, fast forward, and rewind from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, or you can use your Roku remote. When you want to stop streaming with AirPlay, you can press the Home button on your Roku remote.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Mwr
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, but Roku also doesn’t show up on my AirPlay option, and it is powered to “on”

JacobPalnud
Level 7

Apple Airplay Required Code

Jump to solution

I recently purchased a brand new Roku Tv and I find the Apple airplay feature be very nice and convenient. However, today I tried to go into my airplay settings and chance the "Require Code" setting. It would not allow me to do so it was shaded over gray and I was unable to select it so I may change it. Does anyone know how to get past this?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 16

Re: Apple Airplay Required Code

Jump to solution

@JacobPalnud wrote:

I recently purchased a brand new Roku Tv and I find the Apple airplay feature be very nice and convenient. However, today I tried to go into my airplay settings and chance the "Require Code" setting. It would not allow me to do so it was shaded over gray and I was unable to select it so I may change it. Does anyone know how to get past this?

Contact the TV manufacturer/Roku/Apple:

Roku chat or email:  https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options  (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help)

or message @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
Chillbill
Level 8

Re: Airplay issue with QR code

Jump to solution

Had same problem. Couldn’t pair phone to tv. Try this: Roku Settings; Apple airplay/HomeKit; require code; select “reset paired devices” now your phone should detect your tv in Screen Mirror. No QR code needed. You should now be able to access airplay features. Worked for me. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Bittner37
Level 7

Re: Airplay issue with QR code

Jump to solution

I have same issue. Airplay works but I get and error message when I try to connect to HomeKit