Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timba

No Airplay connect code appearing on Roku

I have updated my new iPhone and Roku with the Airplay now added.  My phone now sees my Roku Ultra, but when sending a video to my Roku, it asks what Airplay code is being shown on my tv, yet no code appears on screen on the Roku.  What do I need to do to get that code to appear so I can connect to my Roku via Airplay?

85 REPLIES 85
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No Airplay connect code appearing on Roku

@Timba 

Thanks for the post.

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Rosko
Reel Rookie

Same issue.  My settings are correct; it work first time; but now I can’t get the code to appear on screen

reginsmarie30
Reel Rookie

Re: Airplay support - Roku 9.4

When I scan the QR code for the Homeplay set up on my hisense Roku tv it says “no useable data”

any suggestions?

Airplay issue with QR code

So I have the option to do airplay and HomeKit however when I scan the code and my Tlc roku tv is connected to the same WiFi as my phone(iPhone 12 pro max) it says device not able to connect after I scan the QR code and even type the numbers in.... same goes for my husbands phone and it’s the same phone as mine help! 

Tags (1)

I have it setup but no code display, even for the first time. Please help!

0 Kudos
Rosko
Reel Rookie

Danny,

is Roku planning a new update?  I have confirmed my settings, confirmed the new software update (9.4), confirmed my device is able;  restarted the system several time, still no code on TV/Roku device.  It’s not working 

Thanks 

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: AirplAy

AirPlay and HomeKit are two separate but related functions.

The QR code scanning is just for the HomeKit setup - since AirPlay is enabled by default, try just using the AirPlay function from your phone.

https://support.roku.com/article/360057488733

How do I use AirPlay to view videos, music, and photos on my TV?

Before you can use AirPlay with your Roku device, check that your Apple device and Roku device are on the same wireless network. Once they are, you can use the steps below to view content on your TV using AirPlay.

1. On your Apple device, find the video, song, photo, or podcast you wish to share.
  2. Tap or click the AirPlay video icon Apple AirPlay video icon in video apps, or the AirPlay audio icon Apple AirPlay audio icon in music and other audio apps.

• Note: With some apps, you may need to tap or click the Share icon Apple Share icon before you will see the AirPlay icon.

3. Select your Roku device from the AirPlay menu.

Once playback begins, you can pause, fast forward, and rewind from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, or you can use your Roku remote. When you want to stop streaming with AirPlay, you can press the Home button on your Roku remote.

0 Kudos
vibe4it
Reel Rookie

Re: Airplay support - Roku 9.4

Having the same issue. “No usable data” when I scan the QR code. This is true on two different sets, with two different Roku units.

0 Kudos
zmckay31

Danny

I am having the issues and all the info you posted, is what is displayed on my Streaming Stick+. 

0 Kudos