Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Black screen when screen mirroring since 10.5.0 update

@Momamba 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
angelwolf71885
Binge Watcher

Device Model: 4210X - Roku 2

Serial Number: 4A7588001299

Software Version: 10.5.0 Build 4174-04

Tracker ID: ID 99-409-543

Steps to replicate

in menu/settings/Apple AirPlay and HomeKit

there will only be a black screen 

in airplay menu on iPhone the roku doesn't appear at all

related issue 

Apple Tv Rolu App 

Vershion : 8.0 build 119

it no longer loads and also shows a blank screen have to use home button to quit out causing visual glitches that require a reboot of the roku

Roku 2 4210
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@angelwolf71885

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Airplay video not working

Hi @Fladavpam

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please provide us with the information asked by @RokuDanny-R above. Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Airplay and casting video don't work on Roku Express 4k+ 3941x running 10.5.0

10/12/2021 Roku update of OS 1474->4181 and airplay update fixed both AirPlay and AppleTV problems last night. Roku3-4200X.   

0 Kudos
Ricoswave
Binge Watcher

Re: Airplay and casting video don't work on Roku Express 4k+ 3941x running 10.5.0

I have the exact same problem with no pictures being displayed on screen mirroring from iphone running version 15x on roku 10.0.  Both ONN and TCL TV's and the Roku stick.  Roku tried to pass me on to the hardware manufacturers when clearly this is an IOS 15 issue with Roku software.  Please fix.  Used to work great.  Was going to invest in Roku, but now from what I am seeing, the deal is off.  

0 Kudos
Genabena

Re: Cannot find Roku Express 4K for screen mirroring on any device.

Hey,

I've tried everything on mine also and I finally run across an article from Roku that said that you have to have a Roku tv like the 3900, ect. for it to work. It took awhile to find out what was going on, they don't make it to easy to find out info. I even seen that the Roku people are not versed on all the products they sell, which is kinda crazy. But oh well.🤪

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot find Roku Express 4K for screen mirroring on any device.

@Genabena 

The article you are likely referencing is located at https://support.roku.com/article/208754928 entitled "How do I use Screen Mirroring with my Android or Windows device?

The "3900" was Roku Support explaining that mirroring is generally supported on all their newer devices (streaming players and RokuTVs), but was clarifying that regarding the older Roku Express devices, mirroring is supported on Express models 3900, 3910, 3930, and 3931 but not Express models 3700 and 3710.

Hope that helps clears up the confusion.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Ricoswave
Binge Watcher

Roku, 

I think I figured out why this is happening...It appears to be an ios 15 upgrade issue.  I have the same problem with IOS 15 on three Roku Devices....tcl , onn and Roku stick.  They all work great with an iphone on IOS 14, with IOS 15, music mirroring works, but if you try to show any pictures on mirroring, its a blank screen.  Please fix.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Ricoswave
Binge Watcher

Looks like IOS 15.1 update did the trick. Screen mirroring is working now!  Hard to tell whether it was an Apple or Roku issue but appears to have been an Apple issue.  Can now mirror photos, etc as before.

0 Kudos