Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcnfranklucca
Level 7

Airplay Not Working on ROKU Premiere AND Poor Customer Support!

First of all, what poor customer service!!! No tech support phone number even though everyone including amazon gives out 816 272 8106. 

Have a network that I'm attaching to without issue with Roku Premiere. Place iPhone or iPAD or MacBook Pro on same network. 

Roku is set up properly. So are the Apple products. YET, the Apple products can't see the ROKU. No code comes up to type into the Apple products.

Both are on the same network. Both connected to the internet. 

Is there something in a wireless gateway that can cause the ROKU not to connect to even thought every device is on the same network? 

ROKU going back to Amazon if cannot find a solution to this. Premiere has AIRPLAY and it is turned on in settings etc. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Airplay Not Working on ROKU Premiere AND Poor Customer Support!

@dcnfranklucca

Thanks for the post.

What Roku model device are you using? We would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page here: How do I use AirPlay and HomeKit with my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dcnfranklucca
Level 7

Thanks for your quick response but I have already tried everything I found on your website. That's why I'm reaching out to you directly.

Is there anything in a wifi gateway that can keep a ROKU from connecting to my iPhone, iPAD or MacBook Pro M1? All devices are connected to the same network including the ROKU but when I try to airplay or screen mirror it indicates that no TV can be found with ROKU. That is what is driving me crazy.

I've spent far too much time on this already. 

Frank

0 Kudos
dcnfranklucca
Level 7

As I indicated in my first post, it is a PREMIER.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 16

Yes, there is something (a setting) in wireless gateways that can prevent devices on the WiFi network from seeing or connecting to each other, and its usually referred to as "AP Isolation" (or "Client Isolation", "Guest Mode" etc).

However, if all the other devices on the same WiFi SSID can see and connect to each other, its probably not enabled.

Just to be clear, you mentioned you "try to airplay or screen mirror";  FYI, the AirPlay functionality (Settings/Apple AirPlay & HomeKit) uses the AirPlay2 protocol, however "Screen mirroring" (Settings/System/Screen mirroring) uses the Miracast protocol (and you won't be able to use/connect to that with your Apple products unless you installa Miracast-compatible app)

Are you saying you installed a Miracast-compatible app to attempt to screen mirror to your Roku?

Or are you saying you tried both modes of AirPlay2 (casting, mirroring) from within your apps (casting) or from within Control Center (mirroring)?

Otherwise, you should try the following:

1) Reset the paired devices: Settings/Apple Airplay and HomeKit/Require Code/Reset Paired Devices - try again

2) Disable/Re-enable WIFi on the Apple devices - try again

3) Switch either Rokus or Apples from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz, or from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz - try again

4) Restart all devices (Rokus, Apples, router/modem) - try again

5) Switch Roku's display output to 1080p - try again

0 Kudos
dcnfranklucca
Level 7

Appreciate the thorough response. I will try these tomorrow.

You asked, "Or are you saying you tried both modes of AirPlay2 (casting, mirroring) from within your apps (casting) or from within Control Center (mirroring)?" 

Yes, I am trying to AIRPLAY from any apple device (and no ROKU device is found) and YES mirroring from control center (the cursor just keeps   spinning and never shows the ROKU.)

Frank

0 Kudos