Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChanM
Level 7

Airplay Name not changing

Jump to solution

I updated device name in my mobile app and in roku linked devices on website and restarted tv, looked for updates on tv but it is not updating airplay streaming name. It’s still displaying the default name from onn tv. Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
theuser86
Level 10

Re: Airplay Name not changing

Jump to solution

Use the “Home” app on your iPhone. Add the Roku TV to the Apple HomeKit as an accessory. Then name it whatever you like. The iOS device will now display that name. I just tried it and renamed my “Roku Premiere” to “Roku”.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@ChanM 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What are you trying to change the name to and what are you expecting? Can you provide screenshots of what you are seeing so we can better understand?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ChanM
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m trying to change the name of device displayed for streaming through Airplay but it is not changing the named it is displaying default name.

826A8D20-C94D-46AB-AFBA-A6ABF59B6A56.jpeg

6A0766E4-8EC5-449C-9C1D-216A64E5039B.jpeg

I want to change from “onn Roku Tv” to “chandu’s TV”I want to change from “onn Roku Tv” to “chandu’s TV”

0 Kudos
bezzo
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with my Roku Streambar.

0 Kudos
theuser86
Level 10

Jump to solution

Use the “Home” app on your iPhone. Add the Roku TV to the Apple HomeKit as an accessory. Then name it whatever you like. The iOS device will now display that name. I just tried it and renamed my “Roku Premiere” to “Roku”.

View solution in original post

ToddG80
Level 7

Jump to solution

Using Home app on iPhone to rename worked perfectly for me. Thanks!

0 Kudos