Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Airplay Issue - Airplay not working when using Quicktime on Mac

Hi Community users, 

If you are experiencing Airplay related issues in which the Airplay is not working on your Roku device when using Quicktime from a Mac computer, please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-when did you start seeing this issue occur
-any relevant screenshots that will help us understand what you are experiencing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass the information along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
LCinOH
Reel Rookie

Re: Airplay Issue - Airplay not working when using Quicktime on Mac

I have two Brand Spanking new Express 4x that will not allow me to set up the AirPlay and home kit. Totally frustrated. Help!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@LCinOH

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the information that we have requested in my previous post? 

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
remaker
Roku Guru

Isn't this a router problem? I have seen something like this crop up when one unit is on the 2.4GHz band and the other is on the 5.8GHz band, and they don't send traffic (or Bonjour packets) properly between tbe two.

If they can test both units on wired, force the units on the same band (by disabling the 5.8GHz band) or trying another router, that could be useful data.

I suspect some of the new tri-band routers have similar issues, since developers seem to fail to learn their lessons of previous releases.

0 Kudos
Rasclat

I can not use airplay on my Onn roku Tv what could be the issue?

0 Kudos
remaker
Roku Guru

Most of the time, the two devices are on different wireless networks (a 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz for example) and the wireless access point doesn't permit discovery between the two. Or, the wireless access points have a bug.

Make sure both devices uses the same network name.

Try a hardwired connection of the TV if you can.

Turn off 2.4 or 5.8 GHz (pick one) and it that works you know you have a wireless access point problem.

Try updating the firmware on your wireless access points, or replace them.

0 Kudos

My Roku box went back to the front of the screen and it will not let me in

0 Kudos
remaker
Roku Guru

@BriannaStroman you want to start a new thread and provide more details about the problem. Do you mean you are stuck on the "dancing Roku" screen?

0 Kudos
joannpaige

0 Kudos