Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carolinemurphy
Level 7

Airplay: Attempting to Airplay any app will always open AT&T TV

When I attempt to Aircast with any app (Hulu, Netflix, Prime Video) - Roku Premiere will always open the AT&T TV app and play live TV. This is not the right app nor the right content. 

When I try to connect through the settings. When I select Airplay/Homekit. I just see a blackscreen that says airplay. When I look at my iphone, i am asked to enter a code, but no code ever appears on the TV. It is just the airplay title screen.

Can you please help?

Note - I can Chromecast from my Peloton to the Roku perfectly so it is not a receiver issue. 

Details:

Device - Roku Premiere - 4620x

Software - 9.4.0 - 4210-29

Wifi - Device and Phone are on the same wifi

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
StreamerUser
Level 16

Re: Airplay: Attempting to Airplay any app will always open AT&T TV

1) Roku supports Miracast and AirPlay2 for screen mirroring - not GoogleCast (ChromeCast) - your Peleton was/is connecting via Miracast (Settings/System/Screen mirroring)

2) From your overall described AirPlay behavior/symptoms, it seems as if AirPlay was not properly installed/updated to your Premiere.

Try these in order:

1) Restart your Roku:  Settings/System/System restart

2) Reset network connection:  Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset (you'll need to re-setup your Roku's WiFi connection if used)

3) Factory reset:  Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset (you'll need to reconfigure your Roku, including potentially re-activating/re-authenticating all apps)

If none of those work, and/or you want to avoid a factory reset, message @RokuDanny-R  with your account email/device model #/device serial #/device ID #/country and a brief description of the problem, and he should be able to help you further