Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradpaulp
Reel Rookie

Re: Airplay 2 Lag

Agree @jvette101 .

I bought the Westinghouse Roku specifically for the airplay, using this in my home office.

I just also moved into a new office building and I added a TV to the welcome area.

I purchased the Vizio brand TV and the Airplay works flawlessly.

(I have another vizio tv as well)

so. I’m not a product engineer. I’m not a tv geek.

All that I know is:

Vizio has it figured out how to use the Airplay technology.
Roku has failed miserably at it.

It’s the same technology. Why does Roku not understand how to implement into their hardware?

perhaps Roku  should spend more money on fixing existing issues than the $100 million to acquire this old house.

what good is spending money on a legacy programming if your hardware is a cheap suit.

@RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
restjohn

I went to the settings menu and reset my network settings.  That seemed to help.  My Hisense TV had been working well ever since the AirPlay update, then all of sudden started lagging after a few months.  Now AirPlay mirroring performs acceptably again.

MarioLink
Binge Watcher

Thanks

0 Kudos
furqanmk
Reel Rookie

I might have some good news for some people.

It's still mostly unusable for me on the 55" 2020 TCL 5 Series but I discovered a certain combination that works with under a 1 second lag. I mirrored my Macbook Pro (M1 2020) screen and selected the lowest available resolution like this:

The resulting picture on the TV seems to be pretty high-res despite selecting this resolution however everything on my Macbook's screen is magnified. But since it only seems to work when "mirroring" the display as opposed to "extending" the display, that might not be an issue.

The lag now is clearly under a second but it's still difficult to play games. However, most other stuff should be relatively possible.

I hope Roku addresses the issue soon. Poor support from their end tbh.

0 Kudos
Serpic0

Re: Airplay video lag fix yet??

Has there been a fix for this yet? I just got a Philips Roku TV and I’m trying to stream live sports from my iMac to the TV and the video lag makes it absolutely unwatchable. My wifi connection is fine. I’ve rebooted everything, I’ve turned off all other wifi-connected devices, turned off Bluetooth, I’ve closed every other app on my Mac… I’ve done everything. Did I just waste my money on this TV?

0 Kudos