Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarioLink
Binge Watcher

Re: Airplay 2 Lag

Completely agree. There hasn’t even bee a comment on what they’re doing to address the issue (I’ve provided enough details continuing to ask me more details seems like stalling) it’s unacceptable. The reason why I choose Roku over the AppleTv was for mirroring. Roku please fix.

MarioLink
Binge Watcher

Roku can we get an update on a fix?

greg0

Same. I bought it for the airplay support. It's redundant with the lag. Thanks guys. 

calJersey

I'm using a TCL Roku TV from a 2018 MacBook Pro and the lag makes AirPlay useless.

MarioLink
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R , haven’t heard back are you able to provide an update on whether this issue has been identified as something Roku is going to address? Is there a timeline for remediation? Thanks.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MarioLink

Thanks for the follow up.

I have no current updates that I can provide at this time. Once more information becomes available, I'll be sure to let the Community know.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BFH

Is this being worked on? There's about 2 seconds of lag on my TCL 55" Roku TV, which makes screen extension 100% useless. If it will be fixed, fine. Otherwise I need to buy an Apple TV.

Hi there, I'm having similar issues.

We are simply using Airplay from a Macbook and Macbook Pro to a Roku Streaming Stick+.   We attempted to watch a Youtube video (even putting the video on the lowest resolution), and the delay was horrible.    I believe it was this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBsXHix1UmI

We've also watched videos with less movement with similar problems.  It was getting to the point where we'd see 1 frame every 10 seconds or so.  The playback on the Macbook itself was just fine.

Looking for some guidance here.

0 Kudos
Argo66

Throw my hat in on this too.  I'm using TCL Roku TV hardwired to gigabit network and trying to use Airplay to use as a second screen from my 2020 Mac mini M1 which is also gigabit wired and connected to the same gigabit switch as my TCL TV and the mouse is at least a second behind.  There is something not right with the Roku Airplay I believe.  Nothing wrong with the connection at all so this moving the mouse around a blank desktop screen should have zero lag.  

0 Kudos
jvette101
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R

I would like to think you're doing your best and also understand you're just the messenger here, however, your response seems quite unacceptable given the number of users experiencing this issue. I'm a legacy user taking advantage of the recent software update, but I would be even more frustrated if I were one of the people on this thread (and other threads I've seen with the same issue) who purchased a Roku solely because of the Airplay 2 functionality and wanted to use the tv as a separate monitor. 

How can you have "no current update" to provide at this time? Roku either IS or IS NOT working on remediating this issue for the countless users experiencing this lag. It literally makes the Airplay feature useless if one cannot watch content without a lag. 

Can you please provide an update on whether Roku is working on the issue AND when we can expect resolution? 

Thank you!