Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kerpensd
Reel Rookie

Re: Airplay 2 Lag

I’m also experience a lot of lag, and I’m only using it to connect a second monitor for word processing so nothing intensive. The trackpad cursor is really slow. Can I ask, is your airplay screen blurry?

Kerpensd
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny, 

I have the Roku streaming stick+ and  the lag occurs when I send my MacBook display, both as a second display and as mirrored display. Thr cursor for the mouse is slow. It’s  also very blurry, as if the image has been really stretched. My signal strength is showing excellent and the speed test is coming up at about 70MBPS. I’m running the latest OSX 11 (big sur). My device ID is 23505A825097.   

MarioLink
Binge Watcher

Picture isn’t that bad not as clear as on my iPhone but there’s no blur.

0 Kudos
Kerpensd
Reel Rookie

Can I ask what your air playing from and to? I’m air playing from a MacBook retina to a 27” 4k monitor. I’m not sure whether the bigger screen and the fact my MacBook isn’t 4k Has something to do with it.

MarioLink
Binge Watcher

Streaming from iPhone 12 Pro Max to a 65in LG OLED 4k. I’m not sure but I noticed when I tried streaming from my PS5 to my Macbook air M1 no issues. I think this is a roku issue honestly.

0 Kudos
Alex974

Got the same lagging issue. A bit sad since I chose Roku over a new apple tv thanks to airplay support. Is there any fix coming soon?

bradpaulp
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny,

I am having the same lagging issue with my new Roku TV. I have ZERO lag when using either of my Apple TV boxes.

Here's my Roku TV information as requested:

-Roku device model: 43" Westinghouse 4K (WR43UX4019)
-serial number: YN00KV308298
-device ID: 0G509K308298
-software OS/version: 9.4.2 (build 4077-AM)

-does this issue occur on a specific app or certain games when using Apple Arcade?

It occurs when I mirror my Macbook Pro 15" (2017) to my Roku TV.  There is approximate 2 second lag.

-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

I did the tracker ID on my Roku TV, but it just brings me to the home screen... (Perhaps it is because I have a TV with ROKU built-in rather than the set-top device)

Thank you for any help.

Again to be clear, this is definitely an issue with how Roku handles the Airplay... since Airplay works perfectly in real-sync when using an Apple brand Apple TV.

MarioLink
Binge Watcher

Hey @RokuDanny-R  can we please get definite answers on what Roku is doing to address this instead of asking for more details on the issues. I believe users have provided sufficient details and this is definitely an issue on the Roku device side as it works fine with Apple TV. This is frustrating and we’d like a resolution or update.

mikeyr5

Huge lag issues here too. Roku Premiere and an iPad...chose Roku for airplay....

Restart of Roku helped a bit, but still a lag. 

Oppy

Well it's a month later and my brand new Roku premier absolutely sucks as a mirroring device on my MacBook the delay of 2 seconds renders it worthlessIt doesn't seem there's any attempt to really actually fix this anytime soon which is really unfortunate