Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarioLink
Binge Watcher

Airplay 2 Lag

Hi everyone,

I’m using AirPlay 2 on my Roku Streaming and Ultra and there is noticeable lag in screen mirroring. Particularly when playing Apple Arcade games. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? One tv is a lg 4k another is an lg 1080p.

34 REPLIES 34
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Airplay 2 Lag

@MarioLink 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MarioLink
Binge Watcher

Thanks Danny! Unfortunately it’s still a bit sluggish I have about 100mbps and my roku is next to my router is this enough to prevent lagging? Are there any other things I could do? Appreciate any help!

0 Kudos
tigerlili2
Reel Rookie

rebooting makes no difference 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing?
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific app or certain games when using Apple Arcade?
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MarioLink
Binge Watcher

Model: 4800X

Serial #: X010006N9JMN

Device ID:S02A208N9JMN

ios 14.2.1

Lag happens during Apple Arcade games and in general with most apps not sure why

0 Kudos
MarioLink
Binge Watcher

Some reason emoji came up on the device ID

S02A208N9JMN

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MarioLink 

Thanks for the update.

Can you please provide us with specific Apple Arcade game titles and well as specific apps that you are experiencing this issue with so we can try to reproduce this issue?

In addition, when you see this issue occur, can you please provide us with a tracker ID? (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Quaz5

Is Roku still planning to release updates to address this? Timing lag between mobile and tv is a pain.

Another update that would be nice, any time I try to watch a youtube video from my phone and move it to the tv to mirror, it resets the video to the start. Would make more sense to keep where the video was.

MarioLink
Binge Watcher

Agreed! It would be nice if we could get an acknowledgment and official fix, it is even more pronounced when gaming. I picked Roku over an Apple Tv since this feature is included and love the device otherwise but this is a significant miss. I hope they fix it.