Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vbctv2005
Level 8

AirPlay on Non-4K Devices in Future?

Just wondering if after AirPlay 2 & HomeKit rolls out to the 4K devices if there are plans to roll it out to the non-4k devices. I bought a TCL 32" Roku TV just 3 months ago from Best Buy and hoping for this support in the future. They are still selling non-4k TV's and devices with Roku so I have my fingers crossed but would love an official ruling on this so I know if I should start looking at holiday deals.

2 Replies
david515
Level 7

Re: AirPlay on Non-4K Devices in Future?

I have this question as well. My TVs and Roku sticks are not in the 4K category.

David

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Re: AirPlay on Non-4K Devices in Future?

Roku never seems to announce any sort of changes or updates in advance. So no idea if they might offer it. Since they have to pay a license fee for it, my guess is they'll keep it to the 4K devices to make them more enticing than the lower cost players. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos