Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Septtt93
Reel Rookie

AirPlay / HomeKit / Screen Mirroring not working on Roku TV

Hello, I have a 7301X software version 9.4.0. Everything works fine except the airplay and HomeKit options. The Roku tv doesn’t appear as an option when wanting to AirPlay or screen mirror, and when attempting to connect via HomeKit it scans the QR code but then says unable to connect.

Both the tv and Apple devices are updated/compatible, on the same wifi, and I’ve reset all equipment but still nothing. The regular network connection is excellent and I’ve tried different wifi networks (keeping Apple device and tv on same one) but still nothing. I’ve even tried doing the reset from the power settings on the tv but that didn’t work as well. Any idea to be able to AirPlay and set up HomeKit? 

I've tried everything in the forums, only thing I saw that I haven’t confirmed is could be an issue related to spectrum’s router but not sure what setting to change if that is the cause. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: AirPlay / HomeKit / Screen Mirroring not working on Roku TV

This appears to be a recurring issue with the AirPlay2 support, however:

1) Reset the paired devices: Settings/Apple Airplay and HomeKit/Require Code/Reset Paired Devices - try again

2) Try disabling/re-enabling WIFi on the Apple devices - try again

3) Switch either Rokus or Apples from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz, or from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz (this requires separate SSIDs for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz) - try again

4) Restart all devices (Rokus, Apples, router/modem) - try again

5) Switch Roku's display output to 1080p - try again

If all these fail, report the issue to Apple and Roku

https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options  (choose setup/roku tv/other/need more help?)

0 Kudos
Septtt93
Reel Rookie

Thank you but I’ve already followed all 5 steps, resetting after each one, and still nothing. I’ve sent a support request to Roku but not sure if this is a Spectrum router issue as that’s the only thing I can think of?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

You need to send a support request to Apple and perhaps to TCL too (assuming that a TCL TV)

Apple codes the AirPlay2 & HomeKit functionality, so make sure you inform them first.

0 Kudos