Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Advice please - which Roku to get

I have had 3 off Roku 3s which have performed very well. Unfortunately we had a lightening strike on the house and one of them got zapped so I am looking to replace it. I need to have a lan connection so I have settled on a Roku ultra. Rokus are difficult to get here (South Africa) but I have found an online supplier who have both the 4660R (2107) and the 4670R (2019) in stock. The 4660 is considerably cheaper so I am leaning towards that one but I would like some opinions on whether I would be better to go for the 4670. I don't need anything fancy, don't have a need for 4K and as I say the Roku 3s that I have had have worked very well for my needs. Any advice gratefully received.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Advice please - which Roku to get

The only difference I can find between the 4660/61 and 4670 is the 4670 has 2 GB of memory, while the 4660 series has 1 GB. Beyond that, they are electronically identical. My original Ultra 4640 also only has 1 MB of memory, and I've never encountered any use that I felt the amount of memory was a problem. 

Since you require an Ethernet connection, the Ultra is your only option. But based on the rest of your usage description, I don't think you'd ever have a problem with the 4660. The 4660 and 4670 both have an Ethernet jack, as well as a USB connector if you want to plug a media drive in. They both come with the WiFi Direct remote with voice control. I have a 4670 as well, but I don't really notice any difference between it and my 4640. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Advice please - which Roku to get

Thanks for the reply, I am going to get the 4660.

0 Kudos