Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Advice for Roku in the Netherlands

Hi everyone,

I've been pondering for a while what media streaming device to get and I've reduced it to Chromecast and Roku. Now Roku seemed to fit my needs better (having a remote for instance) but there's an issue: I live in the Netherlands. I saw that I could order it from Amazon UK but from my Google search, it seems the geolocking of apps could be a problem, so I was hoping someone in the Netherlands could tell me of their experience and maybe confirm the following apps work:

• Netflix

• Amazon Prime Video (it's a French account but I access the Dutch catalogue here)

• Disney+

• YouTube

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Advice for Roku in the Netherlands

not in NL,but those are available there.

not all content will be available.

some give rights to be shown only in certain countries or have different release dates per country.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi,

Thank you for your answer (I originally posted this on Reddit, looks like someone put it here as well to get more answers, thank you!).

When you mean not all content, you mean for these apps, the catalogues would just be the one in the Netherlands? This is of course perfectly fine, I currently access those same catalogues via an old computer, I just wanted to upgrade my setup.

Best

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

per movie/show.

most are allowed worldwide,but a rights owner may put restrictions on where it can be seen.

same goes for some apps (or by law)

if you use those now,what you get on the computer is what you'll get on roku.

Highlighted
Level 7

Roku 4K Ultra

The voice control does not work in the Netherlands.

The Roku app for your phone is not available in the appstore IOS in the Netherlands. Perhaps you can download it on googleplay for Android.

Netflix, youtube, appletv+, spotify work perfectly

Other apps are avaiable. But the above are the ones I mainly use my Roku for.

The Roku app to play files from your USB is not very sophisticated.

I bought the 4K Ultra because it has an optical out (not present on the AppleTV 4K).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I purchased a TV with the Roku app and Disney plus and prime video are not available; only Netflix. When I goto download them I get a message saying they are not available in my location, but there is no issue downloading the apps onto my Samsung smart TVs.

0 Kudos